Prima defect, what should I do

dipstick1
While waxing my car I found a major defect, Well a funny mistake actually, My Left outside mirror is solid Black but my Right side Mirror is Metallic Black.  Should I leave the issue alone or get the Metallic black mirror replaced/repainted to solid black.
Prima # 275 White
66 Fiat 500F

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

jamesday24
I'd ask for a solid black replacement.

I noticed the small strip of roof between the windshield and sunroof is metallic black.  The black roof behind the sunroof is non-metallic black.  Are all the Primas like that?
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

5*(10)^2
Get it replaced.

No, not all PEs are like that. But as you can see, they are still striving to the the top plant at Toluca.

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

navy48
get in touch with your FIAT Studio and tell them.  I'm sure they can order the correct Passenger Side Mirror Cap, PN 68103790AA.  only the 'Cap' needs replaced.
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

Giallo Edizione
Maybe it will be valuable someday, like an upside down postage stamp image.

So which is "corrrect" for PE mirrors,  metallic or solid black?

Two different paints for the roof? Do you suppose its because all sunroof cars have metallic black in front of the sunroof but only PE's are black behind it and they didn't want to teach the the paint computers a new trick?

Crazy.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

5*(10)^2
Giallo Edizione wrote
Two different paints for the roof? Do you suppose its because all sunroof cars have metallic black in front of the sunroof but only PE's are black behind it and they didn't want to teach the the paint computers a new trick?
If I have to nitpick all day...the paint on the roof is quite badly done near the rear spoiler area. You can see paint run-off. Sigh.

But maybe that's the collectibility of it.

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

Thad
One of my local dealers has his demo car in the black metallic flake. Fiats says that is not an available color. The black they offer is solid flat black. I've seen the car. Black with flake does exist!

Now I need to inspect the black piece on my roof. I thought it looked extra shiny!

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

ciddyguy
Thad wrote
One of my local dealers has his demo car in the black metallic flake. Fiats says that is not an available color. The black they offer is solid flat black. I've seen the car. Black with flake does exist!

Now I need to inspect the black piece on my roof. I thought it looked extra shiny!
I've seen that same metallic black too, I rather like a basic black with clearcoat for extra shine if I go black, which I'm not to be honest.

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

SpidArman
Hmmm,

I just had my car washed.   Guess what?   It has a metallic sunroof header panel.  I guess I am lucky.  The mirrors are both solid black.  Are all Prima's header panel metallic?

Arman
Prima Edizone #419 Rosso/Sunroof/EB Heater

Someone above said No.  But mine (PE 345) is.
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

tazzboo
From what I can tell number 370 has a sunroof header that is Metalic also.  Both mirrors and the back part are non metalic.  Interesting.  I would have never noticed, if it wasn't for you guys.
Prima Edizione #370
AKA MR.Luigi
Rosso
Whitten Fiat of South Richmond VA

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

dipstick1
Now I have to get on a ladder and really look at my roof, but as far as I see it is all solid black. I guess I will get my studio to change out my metallic mirror.
Prima # 275 White
66 Fiat 500F

PE #100 and #164 both have metallic header piece.

Re: Prima defect, what should I do

Thad wrote
PE #100 and #164 both have metallic header piece.
I wonder if it's a running change? My #29 is black.
Prima Edizione  29