Prima #135 totaled

Mike S

Re: Prima #135 totaled

navy48
well that sucks.   looks like the owner was more than likely 'ok'.  I wonder if he went and purchased another 500?   it could end up being a good deal to buy that one and fix it up......
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: Prima #135 totaled

PE#454
Wow. That didn't take long.

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Rick
I'm hoping this will be my first club racer.  The chassis should be ok.  (Driver too I'm guessing)
I'm a little surprised the the wheels folded on the opposite side.  Well ok real surprised.  It must have gotten tipped up a bit to do that.

Watching and waiting for the auction
Rick
HotFiat.com
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: Prima #135 totaled

einy
Eee-gads ... I'd love to spend some quality time looking at the driver's side suspension to see what failed.  The last time I saw both front and rear on the same side collapsed like that was when a friend slid his Mazda 6 broadside at ~ 40 MPH into a long curb in an icy mall parking lot while screwing around.  If there was any way to get pics of the broken pieces on this 500, they would be very interesting to look at!

Interesting "indentations" in the rear seat backs also ... child seat perhaps put in the middle?

Needless to say, I sure hope all were OK!

Re: Prima #135 totaled

CaliberSRT4
einy wrote
Interesting "indentations" in the rear seat backs also ... child seat perhaps put in the middle?

Needless to say, I sure hope all were OK!
The indentations you speak of are from the seat belt buckle receptors. Happens to my seats as well when you have them folded for a while, but you can rub the material back into shape.

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Rick
My mechanic looked at the photos and suggested that there will be too many suspension and chassis bits bent to make a good race car from this.  Kinda burst my bubble.  I'll still watch it.  Could be I could find a front or rear hit and make one good out of two bad.  Trouble is it comes with the additional expense of hauling from east coast to west a non roller.  Expensive.

My rear seats also have the seat belt imprints.  I'm tempted to take the seats out.

Rick
HotFiat.com

It would be interesting for the racers on this board to see photos of the suspension. Anyone in the Boston area??
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Giallo Edizione
I think it was  that it was parked next to a curb when it was T-boned. Sort of looks like the DeLorean at the end of BTTF and the MINI in Austin Powers 3.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Rick
Exactly what we thought.
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: Prima #135 totaled

einy
I sort of thought the same myself, but then again, how many times do you park next to a curb on the driver's side ....

The suspension damage MAY be limited primarily to the strut housings and the steering knuckles.  If you would put coil-overs in during the 'race conversion', and get a new pair of knuckles, that may do it .... man, I want to see pics!

Re: Prima #135 totaled

prima 109
I'm amazed that this car was "totaled".  the estimated cost of repairs is less than $10,000.00.  But, I guess it depends on the insurer.  And yes the car was parked, no one was in it.  It apperrently was hit by a drunk driver somewhere in Boston according to comments in a another thread.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Scorpion
Here is a video of the damage at the scene of the crime:

http://viva500.com/forums/showthread.php?17-Prima-Roll-Call&p=637&viewfull=1#post637
Prima 111 Rosso
VIVA500.com

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Rick
Great video.  Thanks Scorpion.  I think being a non roller would make transport to CA expensive.  Plus
I'm worried about bent suspension parts.  Someone will fix this and get it back to the consumer....
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: Prima #135 totaled

Giallo Edizione
That happened in Southie?  No wonder. Looks like the perp blew out his radiator in his moment of FIAT rage.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)