Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

5*(10)^2
There are still PEs on the lot and I heard those owners are not contacted yet.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

sam500
Do you know if they're being delivered, or just sold, and delivered once the Prima Edizione cars are out? I've heard from a couple of guys over there that they were only taking orders now, until the last Prima was out of the lot. I was also told that by now most PE owners have been contacted. Makes me wonder if some of these remaining PEs are cancellations?

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

5*(10)^2
yo sam,

word has it that the big boss of MVLA came down on Monday and was pissed off at the way the Fiat PEs were handled. So on Tues, the GSM started contacting all the PE owners. I finally got the email/call. Not I care since I already spoke to Michael a week ago already.

But yes, pops and lounges were sold. Driven out the door. Check out Edwin's comments on FB. That's just sad.

You have to admit, pple like you, me and that Raffi guy, we are the pro-active types. We track down our cars, call the dealers, etc. But most PE owners, they are still WAITING for the call!

According to the Fiat guideline, all PEs have to be resolved FIRST before selling the non-PEs. The goal is to build up the excitement of pple wanting non-PEs and thus giving us the so called 'exclusivity'. But all it takes is some bong to authorize the sale of non-PEs.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

spindoc
In my part of the country, the regional rep had the studio contact and schedule all PE owners slated for delivery from them, before selling any non-Primas.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

sam500
Yeah, that's pretty crazy. And you're right, I saw Edwin's posts on FB. I find it really strange that people weren't notified as soon as the Primas got to MVLA, but hopefully they've talked to most of the remaining owners by now. I know that they were handling quite a few deliveries, which is always tricky to coordinate, but it's in their best interest to get those cars out there asap.

Still, part of me thinks that they should've waited for all the PEs to be taken care of, but it's understandable that they'd want to start getting some regular 500s out there. I think the PE's exclusivity won't be diminished by a few more cinquecentos on the road.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Mike S
Except the PE never was exclusive. A non PE was the first 500 delivered in the U.S.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Welshy
Maybe they should be calling this car "Infine Edizione"................the "At last Edition"!!!

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Welshy

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Guido
Wow another slap in the face! I thought Auto's were a couple of months out!

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

unclelaverne
Why are they selling it for so much over invoice?  I was assured that wouldn't be allowed at MV.  hmmmm
#315 So Cal

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

Wimbledon
Guido wrote
Wow another slap in the face! I thought Auto's were a couple of months out!
Is this the first automatic-transmission car in the US? Anyone know if any other dealers received automatic cars?
Also join us on the Fiat Scene forums

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

unclelaverne wrote
Why are they selling it for so much over invoice?  I was assured that wouldn't be allowed at MV.  hmmmm

Hi unclelaverne,

It looks like a private sale.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

pinkbuddha
I asked the seller because it bothered me as well. It is a private sale. Which technically makes it used since eBay specifies: New: A vehicle is considered new if it is purchased directly from a new car franchise dealer and has not yet been registered and issued a title.

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

MrJones
If it bothers people to see these cars on eBay, you best turn your head and look away. As long as there are fools with money to burn, these cars will be listed there. And don't even think about checking Craigslist--there are at least 6 Primas listed there!

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

pinkbuddha
To specify, it was the idea of a dealer auctioning one above sticker that bothered me, especially one who said they wouldn't. That's why I thought I'd clarify. Buying one and flipping it for a profit... I thought that was the American way. lol

Re: Pops and Lounges are sold at Motor Village LA

5*(10)^2
There are a few more Pops on ebay for MSRP.

So eventually that $24k pop will "lose" its value.