Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

Gavin
I've heard the the Mito might be the next Euro car brought over by Chrysler/Fiat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfa_Romeo_MiTo

Adorable little car...reminds me of the Volvo C30 (one of my favorite small cars) with a more attractive front end. I would make one suggestion to Fiat/Alfa/Chrysler...the front of the Mito is beautiful, the back is quite nice, but think about (if you can do it elegantly) expanding the rear window in size, similar to the Volvo...That Volvo rear window is great.

beautiful

very nice, but lots of blind spots to the back and sides.

much better vision to side and back...plus hella cool looking.

So, don't lose the beautiful Italian curves. But find a way to get the back hatch to be all or mostly glass like the c-30.

Just an opinion
:)

Gavin

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

ciddyguy
Gavin wrote
[...]

Yeah, tend to agree on the Mito, it's a beautiful car although it's a bit bigger than the 500 in that it's a B  segment/Supermini/subcompact 3 door hatch and has the same 1.4L 4 pot, but in 3 variants, including the MultiAir and I would also agree, the rear quarter glass needs to be a bit larger or offer spotters for BOTH exterior mirrors to aid rear visibility. Those spotters DO work, I tried them out on the Ford Fiesta and they were on both mirrors, not just the driver's side.

A or B segment cars are more my size because in a hatchback configuration, they can be small, fuel sipping and practical for most of my needs.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

CaliberSRT4
It will be very nice to see some Alfa's over here, really beautiful looking cars.

I agree and disagree about the back glass. The rear quarter window could probably be expanded without compromising the look much. To that I agree, it would help with the blind spot. However, the C30 has a very small hatch opening that is positioned high up. Many larger items won't fit through the opening. It also limits your ability to easily add/remove/arrange cargo. I would rather sacrifice some of the glass to have a larger  and more comfortably positioned cargo access.

The Fiat 500 especially, and to a lesser extent, the MiTo, have bigger openings that extend down lower; easing ingress/egress of cargo.

MiTo:
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/2011-alfa-romeo-mito-2.jpg

C30:
http://fenceviewer.com/site/images/stories/news/2010/06/062110-wheels3-540.jpg

500:
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5125/5354901007_21fd2e0e87.jpg

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

sketch
Yeah, I quite like the single-piece-of-glass hatch on the C30 (the Toyota Aygo in Europe uses a similar method on its hatch), but though it's nice on cost it does hurt practicality a bit.  Also remember that the C30 contains the hatch partially as a tribute to the P1800 ES (perhaps the most beautiful car of all time).

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

sjmst
I like the Volvo too. Not normally my taste but kinda cool. The MiTo not as much as the 500. And I've had 5 Alfa's. I'd go for the 159.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

sjmst wrote
I like the Volvo too. Not normally my taste but kinda cool. The MiTo not as much as the 500. And I've had 5 Alfa's. I'd go for the 159.

I love the 159 and the Brera.  I'd buy a 159 with AWD today if I could, love the styling compared to BMW and Audi.  I talked with someone from Fiat SpA the other day and he said now that Harold Wester is in charge, all the groups technology will be introduced through Alfa from now on.  That's great news because Alfa will get ALL the good stuff first!

The new Giulia should be awesome ;)

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

Terry
Hi Folks,

Forget the Mito. The Alfa C4 is going to be the way to go. (Debuted in Geneva). Designed in house by FIAT,mid engine, weighs less than 1,900 lbs (out "Lotuses" Lotus)---Definitely on the way to the USA
and pricing is rumored to be $50-60k.

Looks like the perfect Halo car for Alfa's return!

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

RacerRon
The C4 is a very nice-looking sports car. It's a little out of my price range, but if it performs better than the Lotus Elise, it should be successful here.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

alfista
Any chance you could spell "Alfa Romeo" correctly in the thread title? A little grating...

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

littlejohn
Me too, like the Mito.  Bring it.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

Gerry Stringer
MiTO is not originaly scheduled until 2014 when itis updated. I haven't heard or read of any earlier date.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

alfista
Not necessarily a bad thing. Pretty as it is, the current MiTO is something of a slug mechanically by most accounts. Much as I'd like Alfa back (I miss my 164!) they need to step it up a notch across the board before they jump back into North America.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

Jeepnut
From what I can gather the NA return will be 4C first then the CUV and Giulia after that will be large CUV, MC Giulietta and MC 4 door Mito with the work on the new Chrysler based Spyder ongoing but up in the air.

Re: Not Fiat 500 News, but Fiat/Chrysler/Alfa Romero related...

MoneyMan
My bad, but isn't it Alfa Romeo, NOT Romero?