New intake for motor

Mikecrml
Had some time today. Took the engine cover off, entire intake plastic and air cleaner off and fitted a K&N filter off a Harley XR750. The tube from the filter to the intake was PVC that I chopped up. BIG differance in power. That giant air box that is stock is way too restrictive. Had a great intake noise and seemed to have more power throughout the rev band. Now back to stock and waiting for FIATSPEED.COM to make somthing great. Anyone else tearing the new cars apart?

Re: New intake for motor

CaliberSRT4
Mikecrml wrote
Had some time today. Took the engine cover off, entire intake plastic and air cleaner off and fitted a K&N filter off a Harley XR750. The tube from the filter to the intake was PVC that I chopped up. BIG differance in power. That giant air box that is stock is way too restrictive. Had a great intake noise and seemed to have more power throughout the rev band. Now back to stock and waiting for FIATSPEED.COM to make somthing great. Anyone else tearing the new cars apart?
You might have picked up 3-4 hp. It probably felt like a lot more due to all the extra intake noise.

I have a K&N air filter in my car and I definitely recommend it. It is a cheap modification that can save money from not buying new paper filters, and adds a bit of power too. There is also a subtle increase in intake noise when getting on the throttle, which I like. I still have my factory intake and air box though.