Launch date - error message

FiatGal
This post was updated on .
Despite having been told a few weeks ago that someone would call me back within a few days and answer my various questions, yet receiving no calls, I decided to phone Fiat, again.

Was told that the first edition Fiat 500 would be available by April 30, and the regular 500 to general consumers by late 2011, early 2012!!!! This goes against everything I heard. When I told the agent that even Laura S. indicated in an interview that the general production car would be available to the public in the first quarter of 2011, she just repeated that same information: late 2011, early 2012.

Now, my sense is that this "agent" is mixing up a few facts and dates printed on paper (cf. Prima must be delivered by April 30; Abarth will be available late 2011 early 2012). But surely, someone at Fiat can diffuse and transmit consistent information across these various channels (press releases, Facebook page, phone number) and answer this and other questions, consistently, now. I realize that the task of introducing a new car, and (for all intents and purposes) a new brand, is a Gargantuan task fraught with complexity, but... come on!!!

Do they need to hire me? I'll take this job.

Re: Launch date: Late 2011, early 2012????????

sjmst
LauraInME wrote
[...]

I agree, Laura. Most of what I have heard indicated we should get the Prima's in January. Still, as I posted elsehwere in this forum, if they are going to start building them in less than 2 weeks, shouldn't we hear something by now?

Re: Launch date: Late 2011, early 2012????????

FiatGal
I know! I have all these questions about the regular Sport version, the answers to which will influence whether or not I decide to keep my Prima order in.

Re: Launch date: Late 2011, early 2012????????

sjmst
I was really counting on a January delivery date. My current car which I must sell is racking up the miles, and I'm hoping is doesn't need work before then!

Re: Launch date: Late 2011, early 2012????????

LauraInME wrote
Despite having been told a few weeks ago that someone would call me back within a few days and answer my various questions, yet receiving no calls, I decided to phone Fiat, again.

Was told that the first edition Fiat 500 would be available by April 30, and the regular 500 to general consumers by late 2011, early 2012!!!! This goes against everything I heard. When I told the agent that even Laura S. indicated in an interview that the general production car would be available to the public in the first quarter of 2011, she just repeated that same information: late 2011, early 2012.

Now, my sense is that this "agent" is mixing up a few facts and dates printed on paper ...
I forwarded that answer to Fiat. I think someone was confused.

Next week, there is something going on and I suspect we'll get answers on a lot of things, time frame wise.
Prima Edizione  29