Is there a steering lock on 500's..?

Welshy
Tried turning the steering wheel to lock it, but to no avail.....Do Fiat's have them, I would have thought it was standard on all cars in the US.?

Re: Is there a steering lock on 500's..?

ciddyguy
Welshy wrote
Tried turning the steering wheel to lock it, but to no avail.....Do Fiat's have them, I would have thought it was standard on all cars in the US.?
I don't know for certain but I wonder if it's a servo driven unit where by when you hit the lock button on the keyless fob, it locks the wheel.

This car has an immobilizer and some cars now use servo's for things like the automatic shift interlock (especially when on the console) for things like remote starting so when you remote start the car, everything, including the doors are locked until you do some procedures once inside after unlocking to unlock the wheel and shifter, often utilizing the key itself in the ignition to verify you ARE indeed the owner before releasing.

As I said, don't know for sure though.
sal

Re: Is there a steering lock on 500's..?

sal
i didn't think newer cars have steering locks; my 2005 pontiac doesn't you can turn  the wheel any which way you want

Re: Is there a steering lock on 500's..?

ciddyguy
sal wrote
i didn't think newer cars have steering locks; my 2005 pontiac doesn't you can turn  the wheel any which way you want
Yup, some new cars still do, the 2010 Hyundai Elantra that my mom is renting has the traditional steering wheel lock as we've had to pull the wheel to the left a little to get the ignition to release to the on/start position every so often. I think most now use some kind of a servo to  lock the wheel if they lock the wheel, which I've not heard them not locking.