If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

ciddyguy
As for me, I used the UK build a Fiat portal to do this and for a while, I waffled between the Passadoble red (a brighter red), the yellow or the light blue (Cha, Cha, Cha Azure) but ultimately decided that I loved that light blue, a color one does not see much anymore in the US sadly.

The Cha, Cha, Cha Azure appeared to be a NON metallic shade although the UK site does NOT indicate what is metallic or not but costs an extra 250 Pounds however as metallic paint is so common here in the US with only white, black, red or yellow when offered being the only non metallic paints left these days as a general rule.

And thus I'd go for that blue and was able to configure it with the red leather interior in the Sport trim, which I'd want over the Pop or Lounge because of what it had to offer standard over the other two trims.

However, it seems that shade of blue has been eliminated and a darker shade of light blue that is NOT metallic is now offered but sadly, not with the red leather (again, through the UK built it portal), although the red leather is offered with other exterior colors though, including the dark blue offered (a metallic I think) but all I think are clear coated for protection and to increase the depth of the shine.

So that is likely my choice, the light blue, I've had that ugly light metallic blue, yellow (faded at that), white, ivory, bronze/rust, silver/gold called Seattle Silver on my 88 Honda Accord and now a jade green on my truck (which I like as far as green goes) but never had a light blue or red, probably my second choice with yellow perhaps if the right shade.

So, what would be your color choice, outside of the special edition of gray, white or red?

Re: If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

FiatGal
I too was really in love with that cha cha cha azure. Until this summer when I was in Europe and *think* I saw one go by on the street. It all happened so quickly. But I wasn't that thrilled with the color anymore. Very pale blue. Add to that, they discontinued the color. So that brought me back to square one. I like the deep blue, I LOVE the "by Diesel" blue.

Now... Constrained by the choice for the Prima, I'm just not sure anymore. White or red?

--Laura

Re: If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

ciddyguy
LinNE wrote
I too was really in love with that cha cha cha azure. Until this summer when I was in Europe and *think* I saw one go by on the street. It all happened so quickly. But I wasn't that thrilled with the color anymore. Very pale blue. Add to that, they discontinued the color. So that brought me back to square one. I like the deep blue, I LOVE the "by Diesel" blue.

Now... Constrained by the choice for the Prima, I'm just not sure anymore. White or red?

--Laura
From the images I saw, the Cha, Cha, Cha Azure blue was more of a sky blue, and the Panda had a lighter, slightly more gray version I think of that color that looked nice as well.

Although this new blue they are now offering, I rather like but hope that for N. America, they rescind and allow the red leather to be paired with that color.

On one of the configurators Chris showed in another thread, they had 2 versions of the red leather, red leather with white or black headrests or the vintage red leather with white stitching and white headrests, but since I'm after the sport variant, it appears it only comes in the black ambiance (black audio/climate controls, steering wheel and instrument bezel and headrests) but we'll see how they configure the car here and we'll know that in a few short days.

Re: If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

txdesign
I am holding out for the Abarth but I like this dark metallic grey with red interior.

Re: If you could configure your 500 now, what color would you choose?

sketch
I think, even if I hadn't been constrained to the three Prima Edizione colours, I'd've still picked white.  White looks good on lots of cars, I think, but especially on the Cinquecento!