How does the Antenna come off?

Joe Dolgetta
Happy to report that I picked up my PE # 447 today, and life is Good!! I Love it! I Love it!! I Love it!!!
My wife finally got behind the wheel, and she drove it! And drove it!! and drove it!!! I get the feeling that I'll be driving the minivan as my everyday drive. She said the Prima felt like an old worm in pair of shoes. Like she's been driving it all her life. Did she love it? You bet she did!!!!
Okay, back to the subject question. Anyone know how the antenna comes off? I could resist, and got the Cinquecento car cover, and want to make sure of how to get the antenna off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joey D.
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: How does the Antenna come off?

ciddyguy
Joe Dolgetta wrote
Happy to report that I picked up my PE # 447 today, and life is Good!! I Love it! I Love it!! I Love it!!!
My wife finally got behind the wheel, and she drove it! And drove it!! and drove it!!! I get the feeling that I'll be driving the minivan as my everyday drive. She said the Prima felt like an old worm in pair of shoes. Like she's been driving it all her life. Did she love it? You bet she did!!!!
Okay, back to the subject question. Anyone know how the antenna comes off? I could resist, and got the Cinquecento car cover, and want to make sure of how to get the antenna off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joey D.
As for the antenna, it screws off at the base, and what I mean is the base remains, but the mast itself screws off, there should be what looks like flat sides for a wrench to tighten/loosen it so you can then twist it off the rest of the way by hand.

Although with the cover, it may or may not require taking it off, but it may be best to ensure you don't snag it.

Re: How does the Antenna come off?

Alvon Elrod
Where did you get the cover, and what did you pay?  (if you don't mind my prying!)

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: How does the Antenna come off?

Joe Dolgetta
My Fiat Studio is an Auto Nation owned studio, and they have the covers available (at least for the PE owners they are delivering). They agreed to discount the price, but it was still pricey. $700. Hey, I consider it to be a work of art, and it adds a priceless experience to this historical re-launch of Fiat in the USA. I mean, I'm one of 500 owners in all of the USA of the Prima Edizione. I am 447. And, I have a very cool car cover to cover her with. Is that worth $700? You Betcha!!
Joey D
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: How does the Antenna come off?

Joe Dolgetta
Thanks a bunch for the info. I'm going out to the garage to get it done. I'll let you know how I make out.

Regards,
Joey D
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof

Re: How does the Antenna come off?

Joe Dolgetta
Boy, that was easy. The cover looks awesome!! Thanks again!
Joey D
peppydee
PE 447-Rosso-Sunroof