Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Jeff
My dealer tells me that they don't have it.
Prima #446 Bianco

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

marcants1977
If it is a Prima USA then it is:  3C3CFFBR6CT500XXX  Insert your number Prima where XXX is...
Sandro
Prima #332
1988 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde, 1991 164, 1976 Alfa Spider

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Jeff
Thank you!
Prima #446 Bianco

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Gavin
cool...does this mean we can track the location?

Gavin

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Giallo Edizione
If you give that number back to the dealer, they can enter it into their system and print out a PRiced Order Confirmation that shows all the details of your PE order. Pretty much the same data that will appear on the window sticker. I got mine!
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

fredfrey
Thanks for the vin info. What if we  have a two digit prima?  would it be 023 or just 23?

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Minuszka
023, the VIN is always 17 digits

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Guido wrote
If it is a Prima USA then it is:  3C3CFFBR6CT500XXX  Insert your number Prima where XXX is...
Wait, there are some differences.The 9th digit is a check digit and is different from car to car:

3C3CFFBR7CT500***

3C3CFFBR5CT500***

I gave my dealer the number with the 6 in it like Guido and they found my car, though it came back with the VIN with a check digit of 9. So maybe all that's needed is the last 6 digits and the dealer can bring up the car in their system and print you a Priced Order Confirmation.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

kmarei
i just tried 3C3CFFBR8CT500***
and i tried 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 for the check digit
and it turns out mine is 8 :)
carfax lists is as 2012 Fiat 500 Sport

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

fredfrey
Found mine too. Had to put in a 4  -  3C3CFFBR4CT500023

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Gavin
Mine was an 8 :)

Got my price sheet....17500 for sport model, 1500 for Prima package, 500 for destination...19500 total...plus 850 for sunroof...so 20350...now to see what fees and such...El Paso had reasonable fees...hope Austin does too...They are still looking at how to get the car to me...El Paso was going to home deliver for free...No idea yet how Austin will do it...

Gavin

Pretty amusing seeing your Super Giulia engine being transported in a FIAT 500 Lounge.....

Mine has $50 added for a block heater. Must be a regional thing-I am up in Boston.

I also ordered the block heater for $50 bucks. I live part of the year in NY so I figured... why not.
Not sure if the 500 I rented in Holland was a Lounge... it was a diesel and had fantastic MPG  .

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Giallo Edizione
fredfrey wrote
I also ordered the block heater for $50 bucks.
I wasn't asked...they just did.

fredfrey

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Giallo Edizione
fredfrey wrote
Money well spent!
Maybe. I've never had a problem in recent years with a modern gas engine turning over in New England. Even My TR6 will usually turn over and maybe even start. I can see this gadget useful for for a diesel. Does it run off the battery or is it a plug-in like a diesel?
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

CaliberSRT4
Sacred Bezel wrote
Standard plug-in style. Funny thing is I had the opposite happen to me. Ordered my car with block heater and it came without one.

Re: Has anyone been able to get their VIN from their dealer?

Giallo Edizione
CaliberSRT4 wrote
Sacred Bezel wrote
fredfrey wrote
Money well spent!
Maybe. I've never had a problem in recent years with a modern gas engine turning over in New England. Even My TR6 will usually turn over and maybe even start. I can see this gadget useful for for a diesel. Does it run off the battery or is it a plug-in like a diesel?
Standard plug-in style. Funny thing is I had the opposite happen to me. Ordered my car with block heater and it came without one.
Hmm. We lets see. I have a Rosso PE with a roof and block heater and I would like to swap it for a Rosso without sunroof and don't care about block heater.....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)
12