Front Cupholders Drain

jamesday24
My friend tried to put his giant styrofoam cup in the front cupholder.  It broke through the cup and only a few minutes later realized the large cup was draining into the cupholders.  It filled partially and then drained out through two holes in the bottom under the removable rubber bottom.  We felt all over the floor for wet carpet but it was all dry.  So where did all the iced tea go?  Does it drain through the floor down to the ground?
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

Giallo Edizione
I told you guys it's an Italian car so Starbucks cappucino et al cups fit but DD foam cups don't. Did ya listen? nooooo.  I don't think I want to know where that ice tea went....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

PE#454
Styro cups are crap. I was on a 10-hour trip once and stopped at Schlotzky's to get a meal. I got in my car and was about to place the cup in the cupholder when the side cracked and my lap was soaked. It wasn't pleasant driving with wet jeans and I really didn't have time to pull over and change.

I just wouldn't allow styrofoam cups in my car. If you don't have them already, get a travel cup for coffee and a larger travel cup for sodas (that fit nicely in the cupholders). Maybe buy a couple of extra for when friends/family accompany you. Keep them in a bag in the cargo area and switch out when you are given styro (or even waxed paper) cups when you purchase a drink while driving.

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

jamesday24
Forget about the cups, where did all the liquid go?
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

CaliberSRT4
jamesday24 wrote
Forget about the cups, where did all the liquid go?
Keep pouring iced tea into the holes and see where it comes out.

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

SeaDawg
jamesday24 wrote
Forget about the cups, where did all the liquid go?
 You're TOO easy!

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

jamesday24 wrote
My friend tried to put his giant styrofoam cup in the front cupholder.  It broke through the cup and only a few minutes later realized the large cup was draining into the cupholders.  It filled partially and then drained out through two holes in the bottom under the removable rubber bottom.  We felt all over the floor for wet carpet but it was all dry.  So where did all the iced tea go?  Does it drain through the floor down to the ground?
If it didn't go under the foam padding, then my guess would be somewhere in the frame rail.

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

CaliberSRT4
Maybe the little Fiat is just thirsty. A bit of iced tea must have hit the spot after a long drive.

Re: Front Cupholders Drain

Giallo Edizione
If this were my first FIAT, it would have conveniently drained through the rust holes.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)