Fix & go location?

tokarev
OK where is the fix&go stuff located? Under floor in trunk? If so how does it open ? dont want to break anything. Thanks

Re: Fix & go location?

SeaDawg
tokarev wrote
OK where is the fix&go stuff located? Under floor in trunk? If so how does it open ? dont want to break anything. Thanks
From what I read in here it is beneath the driver's seat.

Re: Fix & go location?

tokarev
Yep - thats were its at. Thanks

Re: Fix & go location?

ciddyguy
tokarev wrote
Yep - thats were its at. Thanks
The reason for putting the jack, tools and pump under the driver's seat is because of the extra load rails necessary in the US and 2 of them run right under the cargo area floor so the spare tire, if installed fits underneath.

If you look in the cargo area, on the floor, near the hatch opening lip, to the right side, you will see a plastic plug, remove that and the crank nut is accessible to lower the spare by using the jack handle so you can remove it and when you are putting away the original tire, you put it in the back of the car until you can get it repaired and re-installed, the spare is a limited use spare BTW and is optional.

Re: Fix & go location?

tokarev
No plug inside but when you crawl under the car theres a plug - A spare will be in the future once things calm down and the dealer/parts network is established.

Re: Fix & go location?

ciddyguy
tokarev wrote
No plug inside but when you crawl under the car theres a plug - A spare will be in the future once things calm down and the dealer/parts network is established.
Odd as the demo I've seen has the plug in the floor and in the manual, it even says, that's where it is and yes, it's there because that is where you insert the jack handle to crank it down so no rooting under the car any more than necessary.

Re: Fix & go location?

prima 109
If your car wasn't optioned with the spare, there would likely not be a plastic panel/plug in the cargo area.  Mine dosesn't have it despite what the manual says.  I haven't looked underneath real good to see if there's a plug for the spare screw drive mechanism, but i'm sure there is so someone can add it later if they so choose.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.