Fiat in New England

FiatGal
Fiat of Portland, ME
John Quirk
Good news: Fiat studio will be located in the old Saab facility on Brighton Ave. They just need to renovate and remodel, train sales and technicians. A lot of work, but at least they are moving into an existing facility.

Fiat of Peabody, MA
Brian Kelly Jr.
Even better news: I just got off the phone with this guy and I'm smiling. He has been "living and breathing" all things Fiat for a while, has been very excited to get the brand, and was in Detroit last week. They also have an existing facility that should be ready very soon. In fact, he's pretty sure he'll be the first Fiat dealership in New England to be up and running. Their building is that perfect cube shape Fiat wants for branding.
Also good news: he should have a car sometime EARLY January. Possibly a Pop, manual, not sure on the color. It will be a pre-production car and will be available for test-driving.
He also confirmed the bit about unbundling available options on the configurator. In some cases, it's more cost effective to bundle, in others, to unbundle.
This guy had answers.

Fiat of Worcester, MA
Already taking deposits and down payments. They won't be breaking ground until April, but cars will be expected earlier.

Re: Fiat in New England

trinME
Hey, thanks for this Laura. I was somewhat underwhelmed when I talked with someone at Quirk. Not that they weren't interested, but my impression was they didn't expect to have a car before March, at the earliest.  Maybe a trip to Peabody is in my future. -TR

Re: Fiat in New England

FiatGal
I had the same experience. When did you speak to them? And did you speak with Fred Jones? Sounds like he's getting up to speed. He did mention a place nearby that will install heated seats for 495$.
I  will definitely be heading down to mass.

Re: Fiat in New England

LauraInME wrote
[...]

Thanks LauraInMe.

Great work getting answers!  I'm glad you found someone who can get them. I never heard back from my guy.

It's amazing how a little information goes a long way. When a dealer shares information and is enthusiastic, they are almost guaranteed good will. When they don't call back or have nothing to share, they are really missing the boat.

Re: Fiat in New England

trinME
Hi Laura- I think it was this past Monday, and it wasn't Fred Jones that I spoke with. I'll be sure to ask for him next time. -TR

Re: Fiat in New England

FiatGal
Fiat500USA wrote
Great work getting answers!  I'm glad you found someone who can get them. I never heard back from my guy.

It's amazing how a little information goes a long way. When a dealer shares information and is enthusiastic, they are almost guaranteed good will. When they don't call back or have nothing to share, they are really missing the boat.
That's too bad you can't get info from your guy. Give him some time? I shared a lot of info, including this blog, with my guy up here. I think he really appreciated it that and is doing his best getting up to speed. That said, I'm very excited that someone other than you is as excited about this car as we are!

Re: Fiat in New England

SignorinaDiME wrote
Fiat500USA wrote
Great work getting answers!  I'm glad you found someone who can get them. I never heard back from my guy.

It's amazing how a little information goes a long way. When a dealer shares information and is enthusiastic, they are almost guaranteed good will. When they don't call back or have nothing to share, they are really missing the boat.
That's too bad you can't get info from your guy. Give him some time? I shared a lot of info, including this blog, with my guy up here. I think he really appreciated it that and is doing his best getting up to speed. That said, I'm very excited that someone other than you is as excited about this car as we are!

It is very satisfying talking to another enthusiast. There are dealers that are excited, Criswell is one, Fiat of Austin is another, looks like you found one (good for you ). I'm looking for one in New York (to be fair I haven't had the chance to call many).
Prima Edizione  29