Fiat 500 rumor

MrJones
Just trolling the Internets and found this interesting tidbit.

Quoting Auto Industry News "There are rumors that the 2012 Fiat 500 model will be sold outside its U.S. network of dealerships."

Is this a reliable source? What do you think of this/what does it mean?

Re: Fiat 500 rumor

Mike S
I recall early on they said Chrysler dealers would not be the only Fiat dealers. There could be independent Fiat dealers too.

Re: Fiat 500 rumor

MrJones wrote
Just trolling the Internets and found this interesting tidbit.

Quoting Auto Industry News "There are rumors that the 2012 Fiat 500 model will be sold outside its U.S. network of dealerships."

Is this a reliable source? What do you think of this/what does it mean?

Fiat is looking at other venues, besides Chrysler dealers. I think toward the end of the year.

Re: Fiat 500 rumor

5*(10)^2
I was thinking more inline with exporting the cars to China and Brazil, thus "will be sold outside its U.S. network of dealerships".

http://blogs.wsj.com/drivers-seat/2011/01/11/chrysler-to-export-fiat-500s-to-china-from-mexico/

Re: Fiat 500 rumor

fredfrey
I believe FIAT will be setting up some "boutique" studios in trendy fashionable areas. I live on the East End of Long Island sometimes referred to as "The Hamptons".  FIAT has plans to open a small store-front shop in Southampton for the elite to pop in and buy one like picking up a new Gucci handbag.  I think its a great idea. The 500 is a perfect "Hamptons" car. The 500C will be even better... perhaps a 500 Jolly some day?