Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
Per the Fiat USA facebook site...

Fiat 500 Prima Edizione

Fiat 500 Prima Edizione Keep your eyes open this week for an email about how to finalize the purchase agreement. Maybe we will also learn what dealers will be ready to deliver in Feb.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fiat-500-Prima-Edizione/184600331550595?ref=mf&v=wall

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92
I checked and all my previous emails from FIATUSA specific to the Prima have been between 7 and 9 PM CST.   Could tonight be the night?  Seriously people... the suspense is killing me!

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92 wrote

You said it! At this point I have NO idea on what's going to be in this email.

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92
Check your emails... hot off the press -

With 2011 right around the corner, so too is the assembly of your Prima Edizione FIAT 500!

Production of the FIAT 500 begins this January in bright, modern facilities with "World Class Manufacturing" processes designed to create state-of-the-art assembly, efficiency and leading-edge product quality.

And our benchmark processes don't stop there. Each and every vehicle will be thoroughly tested and inspected prior to delivery to ensure that your FIAT 500 meets our standards — and yours. Delivery should occur in mid to late February. Which means we are also extending the deadline to the end of February for you to complete the purchase of your vehicle. In the meantime, dealers are busy putting the finishing touches on our Studios. We'll also be sending you details about the FIAT Studios in your area.

Soon, we will make history by introducing a new car company to North America. We appreciate your patience as we finalize operations.

Look for more updates regarding the assembly of your Prima Edizione FIAT 500 — and more importantly, its delivery date.

In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful holiday season.

Sincerely,

Laura Soave
CEO
FIAT North America

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
yeah, just coming to paste the same message...

oh well, any email is a good thing...but still little info, and car is not coming till feb or so....

i expected some fall back in timing, but still would like to finalize what comes with the car soon...or at least know what i can or can not do with options so i can decide between the Prima and a Lounge...or, if more delays, if I should just cancel and wait for the electric (though i imagine that will be pushed back a bit too most likely...nobody is getting their electric cars out in a timely fashion).

i would also love to know just where i will be getting my Fiat...local, near, far?

Still any email is at least showing they haven't forgotten us :)

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
a bit more info on MPG and such would also be appreciated :)

Gavin

(though Fiat could make my day by offering the Prima with a fixed glass roof...but I think that is kinda unlikely :(  )

'78 124 Spider
FEN, Seattle

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Minuszka
The main point of this email is: "Which means we are also extending the deadline to the end of February for you to complete the purchase of your vehicle."
Their own timeline of complete purchase by Dec. 31st is thrown out now and extended until end of February. All who were waiting for a phonecall from the local dealer before this year's end, will have to wait longer...

It's just funny how this is wrapped into this email and also that they can change their terms, what if the customer would do that?

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
actually that doesn't bother me much...i assumed delays....in fact, if i'm not getting the car till feb, well i would rather not have to sign on the bottom line till then also...hate to sign a promise in december and then wait 2 months...

on a side note, it would be cool of fiat to say..."Hey, things are getting closer and closer...but since we aren't delivering the cars till February, well we wanted to let you know the the small amount of extra time allows us to add a couple of options for you to choose and add to your Prima. So in addition to the engine heater option and the sun roof option, we have added ...... and .......  If you would like either or both of these options, please call..........  Thanks so much, FiatUSA."

hey a guy can dream right :)

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Minuszka
I agree with you, that would be nice. I'd welcome the heated seat option, for example.

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
Yep...Heated seat option seems a no brainer on the Prima (not sure I would get it as I live in New Mexico, but it is a highly requested option in the states and the auto temp set up of the Prima has spots for the heated seats already...so simple).

What other options should/could Fiat easily offer on the Prima??

The two I really want are very unlikely to happen...I want the fixed glass roof and the light upper insides of the Lounge version...sadly I don't think either would come to be...but the heated seats would be a good one to offer.

Gavin

mmmm, leather seats also seems a easy and often requested option....and i personally love the number 5 on the bonnet graphic they have in Europe...but that wouldn't look as nice with the Prima wide side stripe....

So I'm a bit confused... doesn't the "purchase agreement" drive the production of the car?  So if the cars are to be built in Jan (and delivered in Feb) don't they need our purchase agreements in the next few weeks?  Or are they now saying whatever we selected during the reservation process is what will be built (no changes).  I for one would like to make a change to my order before calling it final.

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92
So I'm a bit confused... doesn't the "purchase agreement" drive the production of the car?  So if the cars are to be built in Jan (and delivered in Feb) don't they need our purchase agreements in the next few weeks?  Or are they now saying whatever we selected during the reservation process is what will be built (no changes).  I for one would like to make a change to my order before calling it final.

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
I think....THINK, but don't know....that we will be getting a few more emails...one will be asking us for all our final options and colors and such. I think we will get to give final input before cars are made next month.

What Fiat seems to be saying is, hey you can set up the car and we will make it, but you don't have to sign any agreement till around when the car comes in....

Basically Fiat is taking a small chance that they will be stuck with a prima or two...not a horrid thing as A) Fiat will likely have no problem selling any Prima as in the beginning there are going to be more Fiat 500 customers than cars and B) having a 500 in the showroom, Prima or not, will be a happy thing for many dealers.

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92
That would be great if it happens that way!  In addition to options I expected the purchase agreement to also spell out the negotiated price.  If we and the dealer are not signing that I want some assurance the dealer won't try to "sock it to me" when the car shows up in February.  Hopefully that won't be an issue!

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
True Dat :)

But we did get a price from Fiat---19500 which includes destination fees....

Anything over that (other than options i add) and I walk...I have never paid over MSRP...never will.

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Allen
Hopefully the next e-mail will be telling us they have decided to just send us Abarths.

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Gavin
Ha....sweet.....

Actually I'm hoping they send me the 500EV instead :)

Gavin

Re: Email about the Prima this week....

Vlad92 wrote
So I'm a bit confused... doesn't the "purchase agreement" drive the production of the car?  So if the cars are to be built in Jan (and delivered in Feb) don't they need our purchase agreements in the next few weeks?  Or are they now saying whatever we selected during the reservation process is what will be built (no changes).  I for one would like to make a change to my order before calling it final.

Good question. I haven't gotten an answer on that. We still need a couple of more pieces to this puzzle.  I'm hoping really soon, too.
Prima Edizione  29