Eco Drive

Thad
Anyone else tried Eco Drive yet? They don't have USA listed yet. I selected UK. My car recognizes the software. I'll need to run a few days to collect some data.

Re: Eco Drive

Alvon Elrod
I tried doing the same thing a few days ago, Thad.  But had trouble running the software on my computer.  It kept crashing.  Maybe I need to delete the software and try again.  What did you fill in where it asks you for a registration code?  I think that was Step 2 or Step 3 in the 5 step initial use of the installed software.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Eco Drive

Thad
I didn't enter anything in that field. I just hit next.

Re: Eco Drive

Fiat #183
I loaded mine up onto my music memory stick with no problems.  When I plugged it into the car it indicated that there was not enough room to store date. So I removed a few albums of music and now it seems happy. It gives me a little message that eco drive is on when I start up but it may be referring to the sport switch not being in the sport mode.

I have not tried to download any data for analysis.  I have not driven enough to gather much data.

Re: Eco Drive

Fiat #183
Since I have a memory stick plugged in to the USB port to collect eco drive data, the radio switches from Sat to the usb port after a minute or so of driving.

Anyone know how to make it stop doing this.  I love he sat radio.

Re: Eco Drive

sam500
Don't remember exactly where (think it might be in vr>media player>settings) there is an option that says something like USB auto-play: on (don't think it's quite that, but it's something like that). I haven't really played with it, but maybe give it a try?

Re: Eco Drive

Thad
So, has anyone successfully been able to use Ecodrive?
I have the software loaded on my computer and into the car. When I start the car it indicates "Ecodrive On". The car writes files to the thumb drive every time I drive. The program doesn't seem to find what has been written on the thumb drive.
Anybody else in the same boat?

Re: Eco Drive

Alvon Elrod
Same boat here.
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Eco Drive

Giallo Edizione
I am definitely going to let you boys and girls sort this one out.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Eco Drive

Minuszka
Same here too. I was told that the US version of the software is still in Beta mode and the problem might be that we all installed the Euro version ( didn't even let you choose US as the location ) and it might not be compatible with the US cars' USB and software.

Re: Eco Drive

prima 109
That's what I think it is.  After reading this thread and installing the software myself, it makes sense.  Because when you prepare the thumb drive it asks for fuel type diesel or petrol,  and engine it lists three or four not mentioning Multiair.  we may have to wait until the newer website is up to get the right app.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Eco Drive

Thad
Lots of things not really built for us in the US. Even things like liters of fuel/100km instead of miles/gallon. Sit tight and I'm sure we'll have the right version of software soon.

Re: Eco Drive

Re: Eco Drive

Fiat #183
I have installed the beta version of the software, ran the usb stick in my car for a few weeks.  When I plug it into my computer and started the software the data would not download. I tried several methods to get to two to talk but then decided I am not an economy motivated driver.

Re: Eco Drive

FiatLancia
There's always something like this as an option if you don't want to wait for factory US software:

http://gopointtech.com/

Plus, it has the added benefit of diagnosing fault codes AND you can move it for use in any OBDII (1996-on) car/truck. The under-dash location of the OBDII plug socket on our cars means that it would be real easy to watch data in real-time with the IPhone/IPad on your lap or dashboard mount.

Shaun
Prima #11
www.FiatLancia.com
Shaun Folkerts

2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #11

MINIER than MINI, SMARTER than SMART

www.FiatLancia.com/store.html

Re: Eco Drive

Giallo Edizione
Very cool product Shaun. Thanks for the link.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Eco Drive

JohnTony
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Eco Drive

kate
 I was able to pair my phone to the Bluetooth easily. However, my phone will not transfer numbers to the system, I have to say the number each time. That's inconvenient, but all right with me. The problem is that each time I start the car, after a few seconds the Bluetooth starts playing instructions on how to load phone numbers. My phone can't do it and I want to stop that annoying message. Any suggestions?
leatherjacket http://www.leatherjacket.ws
motorcyclejackets http://www.motorcyclejackets.me