Dash Vibrations

Re: Dash Vibrations

jthedwalker
!!!QUICK BUZZING/RATTLING FIX!!!

Hello Everyone,

I just purchased a brand new 2015 Fiat 500 Abarth. The day I drove it off the lot I noticed a buzzing/rattling noise at 2900 - 3000 RPM. Upon researching the forums I found the AC line vibration issue. I took it back to the dealer and they trimmed some plastic around the AC block on the firewall. It helped but didn't fix the noise. I took it back and they replaced my engine mounts. This didn't make a difference at all.

The day after, while driving home I turned on the AC and the buzzing almost stopped completely. What was even more interesting is that the noise now occurred at a slightly higher RPM; around 3100. Then it hit me. By turning on the AC I introduced a load onto the AC system and lines, thereby altering the harmonic frequency of the vibration. All I had to do to fix the buzzing was introduce a new contact point on those lines to affect the harmonics. So I simply added a single zip tie, tying both AC lines together with a little tension and it cured the vibration.

Instructions
If you're looking at the engine, simply remove the rubber elbow that connects to the airbox of the left side. This will give you enough room to access the lines on the firewall. I put the zip tie right before the last bend, where the lines split along different paths along the firewall. Just secure them tight enough so that they move slightly closer together, don't over do it. Trim the excess and you're done. I hope this fix works for someone else as well as it did for me. It took all of five minutes to fix. Again, to confirm that the you're experiencing this AC vibration issue, try turning the AC on and off to see if the noise changes. Good luck!

- Justin

Re: Dash Vibrations

jthedwalker wrote
[...]

Hi, Thanks for registering! We have all moved over to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum here:

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/forum.php

See you there!

Best regards,
Chris

Re: Dash Vibrations

burg45
Good info Justin. We'll be working on buddy's fiat right after we finished installing the new truck bumpers and winch on the current Ram project. The rattling and noise are related to high RPM as well.
12