Congratulations, Chris!

sjmst
Well, it appears our leader got his car! A beautiful Grigio PE from Alfredo in Larchmont.
Ironically, Chris seems to be one of the last to get his. Glad it finally arrived, and thanks again for providing this "home" to us Fiat 500 fans. It is the best 500 site in the USA.
Enjoy your car...I know you will.

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

sjmst wrote
Well, it appears our leader got his car! A beautiful Grigio PE from Alfredo in Larchmont.
Ironically, Chris seems to be one of the last to get his. Glad it finally arrived, and thanks again for providing this "home" to us Fiat 500 fans. It is the best 500 site in the USA.
Enjoy your car...I know you will.
Hi Sam,

Thanks for that! You make me blush! LOL

I picked up my car last Friday night, and as luck would have it, I've been working everyday since!  It's starting to sink in I'm actually driving a new Fiat. I was finally off today and spent some time with it in the garage, changing my wheels out.

I've been driving it to work and went out to the store today with the family.  It's such an easy car to drive, I'm having a blast with it.

I posted on Facebook, that I got lost coming out of Alfredo's dealership.  I was following my wife and the GPS we used really was wacky. On top of that, I couldn't get over in time and took an exit for the Saw Mill River Parkway that  really had me going way out of the way.  But I didn't care... the car blasted up (and down) the Saw Mill without a problem.  This road is twisty, windy and hilly; a real challenge in most cars. In the 500, I was able to make time on this road without a second thought.

Gas mileage has been great. I have a 25 mile rural commute to work with about 10 stop signs/lights. The MPG indicator on the dash consistently says 40 mpg average.  I ran down to a nearby city and then the average was 37 and change.  I can't wait to see what the real world mpg is, but I'm happy so far. The Audi I drive usually gets 27 mpg on my commute.

I've gone over my car and it's perfect, no problems.  Things I would like to see in my next one would be, variable speed intermittent wipers, soft feel door panels and a plusher carpet.

It was definitely worth the wait.

...wait? ...what wait? I've already forgotten about it!

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

RacerRon
The reason Chris got his car so late is because Fiat wanted to make sure HIS car was put together right!

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

It IS great! I agree, the wipers can use a longer delay front and back.
Hey, pics of the wheels???!!!

...wait? ...what wait? I've already forgotten about it!
Supposedly, the wipers are speed sensitive, but they may have the speeds backwards according to speed as I read something like the faster speeds are for when stopped, unless I misread that somewhere. :-)

 I was wondering if I missed something in the manual. I'll have to check it out...

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

Terry
Congrats Chris. It really looks great especially with the new rims. Best of luck (Fiat SpA should have plated it in gold for all the great work you have done for the brand)

buona fortuna!

Terry

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

spindoc
Congrats, Chris!

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

sketch
ciddyguy wrote
Supposedly, the wipers are speed sensitive, but they may have the speeds backwards according to speed as I read something like the faster speeds are for when stopped, unless I misread that somewhere. :-)
After driving through rain all the way from Tuscaloosa to Bristol and then some, I can confirm that the intermittent setting is indeed speed-sensitive, front and rear.  They wipe more often as vehicle speed increases, and vice versa, which makes sense.

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

ciddyguy
sketch wrote
ciddyguy wrote
Supposedly, the wipers are speed sensitive, but they may have the speeds backwards according to speed as I read something like the faster speeds are for when stopped, unless I misread that somewhere. :-)
After driving through rain all the way from Tuscaloosa to Bristol and then some, I can confirm that the intermittent setting is indeed speed-sensitive, front and rear.  They wipe more often as vehicle speed increases, and vice versa, which makes sense.
Thanks for the clarification, I mistyped but I meant to say that it seemed like I read, or misread in this case that the faster the speed, the slower the wipers, thankfully, that's not the case.

Re: Congratulations, Chris!

Hoicho
Congrats, Chris!
HOicHO