Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

ScarGo
This post was updated on .
Just thought you guys might like to read about delivery of your Prima Ediziones etc...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20110125/AUTO01/101250374/1148/auto01/Fiat-500-speeding-to-market

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Mike S
That makes me feel better.

The first 500 represent a "gathering of the faithful".  I think if Fiat delivered the cars on a flatbed and promised the wheels would come Fedex in a few days, we would be happy to sit in our cars in the driveway on jack stands playing the stereo.

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Vlad92
That is great news!  And from following the Hyundai Equus I know that home delivery is available in my state (although I understand some states do not allow it by law).  At home, a Chrysler dealer, or a Walmart parking lot... doesn't really matter to me!  As long as the car makes it!

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Gavin
nice article...more and more Fiat is convincing me to get that Prima vs waiting for the Lounge or EV.

Gavin

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

ScarGo

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Things are going to start happening... soon...

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

dipstick1
My Local dealer said they are starting on the Fiat showroom at the end of this month, most of the staff don't seem to have much info as of yet. Should be interesting, I hope they do home delivery I don't want to drive my car in the Salt and Snow yet.....( I am in CT)
Prima # 275 White
66 Fiat 500F

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Mike S wrote
That makes me feel better.

The first 500 represent a "gathering of the faithful".  I think if Fiat delivered the cars on a flatbed and promised the wheels would come Fedex in a few days, we would be happy to sit in our cars in the driveway on jack stands playing the stereo.

+10000

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

prima 109
that's awesome!  If that holds true, then we will have our cars by March or sooner!

craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

ScarGo wrote
Just thought you guys might like to read about delivery of your Prima Ediziones etc...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20110125/AUTO01/101250374/1148/auto01/Fiat-500-speeding-to-market

Did I put this in the wrong spot? Sorry...
Hi ScarGo,

I moved it no problem. Lets hang loose with this story and see what happens.

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Gavin
Interesting that our email of Nov 17 said:  Pricing: The MSRP for the Prima Edizione is 19,500 (including destination).
It seems Fiat may have already considered that they would be delivering cars straight to peoples homes.

They also mentioned Custom Grey and Black Cloth Seats...but maybe that changed.

Still leaning Prima...just, and yes i'm a broken record, wish i could get the fixed glass roof and the ivory upper interior...I ride scooters...i like an open feel.

Gavin

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

sketch
You don't think you'd get a more "open feel" with an actual sunroof?

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Gavin
The fixed roof is actually bigger. Plus I don't like the complexity of a sunroof...i prefer to either ride with the windows down or the AC on...no real need to have an open roof (roofs stop rain and such very nicely :) )

So a bigger glass area on the roof is preferable (to me) than a small glass area that opens when I would prefer it stay shut...

but that's just me.

Gavin

Ah, I see... what do you know about this fixed roof?  It seems that the power sunroof available on the configurator covers much but not all of the roof, but I don't see a fixed glass roof option anywhere on the Sport or Lounge.  Can't find it on the UK site either...

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

Gavin

vs...

the sunroof is nice, but not quite as big, and not nearly as simple.

I'll be fine with a sunroof...but my preference was a glass roof. One of the things I love about the 500 is the massive amount of configuability (not a real word, but fun)....the PE loses that. What it gains is getting the car much much sooner than waiting 6 months for a dealer here in town, then waiting a couple of months more for my car to be made.

I just have to decide which way I want to go...get a great car sooner vs getting a great car made perfectly to my liking but waiting...

why i'm leaning PE is mostly because I really really want the EV...but I bet it won't be here till late 2012 or even sometime in 2013. If I get the PE now, I can drive it for 2 years and trade in for the EV. If I wait for the Lounge, I will probably decide to wait for the EV...and that would be a hard 2 years of waiting :)

Gavin

Re: Article in the Detroit Free Press...Must Read...Prima Ediziones

sjmst
I agree with Gavin. White ceiling and fixed glass would be better. Not having it is not a deal breaker, though.