Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

FiatGal
I've spent the past 15 minutes trying to figure out why my Firefox browser with the latest everything could not stream the clip. My pop-up browser was turned off, etc. acckkk!

In any event... anything exciting revealed?

--Laura

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

sam500
I walked all the way to the convention center only to find out that I needed credentials to get in. So I missed it live, and online...

They should post it online!

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

Vlad92
I watched it live... love the slogan “Life is best when driven!”  Also a nice touch to have Sergio Marchionne there at the end.  Would have been nice to hear from him.  The cars looked great and Laura's intro was decent (she's no Steve Jobs, but her comments and presentation was well put together).  I liked the picture of her as a child standing on a vintage 500.  Nice touch!

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

Mike S
It didn't work on my Mac but I had an old windows machine that did get the feed.

They will be maintained free for three years so I hope that means few trips to the dealer, a good thing because Ft Lauderdale is out and the closest dealers will be Miami and West Palm Beach.

The website is up (Fiatusa.com) and you can build one, choose options AND get a price.

The base model 500 is a GREAT value!

I wish they would tell us more about the Prima Edizione we ordered.

Mike

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

FiatGal
That's great news.

Yes. I've been on the site many times today and having lots of fun. I'm also wondering what trim level is the prima, because I'm jumping for joy seeing the heated seats on the sport version. I live in Maine!!

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

I'm also pleasantly surprised about the seats, they'll come in handy in upstate NY!

LinNE wrote
That's great news.

Yes. I've been on the site many times today and having lots of fun. I'm also wondering what trim level is the prima, because I'm jumping for joy seeing the heated seats on the sport version. I live in Maine!!

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

FiatGal
So Chris, do we know the trim for the prima? I just got an email but can't open the attachment bc I'm transit waiting to board a plane...
Strange that the interior choices are so limited for the sport, but ... I want those heated seats!!!

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

I was able to view the on demand feed via Firefox and a current pc running Windows Vista no problem. Make sure you have the latest Flash etc on your pc to be able to view it and that you've updated to the latest version of Firefox too.

As for the presentation, I found it fairly good and informative and it bums me out that the Sport gets less options for the interior colors than the Lounge or heck, even the Pop, which is the version I'm hoping to get. I've love for them to offer even red cloth for the Sport model so it can be as visually fun as it is to drive.

One thong I noted was the tire size of the Pop and Lounge, 185/55-R15's, very similar in size of the tires my old '83 Civic had but they were 13" rims instead.

Re: Anything exciting revealed in the webcast launch?

I thought the presentation was kind of bland, but I have nothing to compare it to. Marchione stepped up at the end but said nothing...maybe he doesn't speak English?