Alarm set /horn beep

Thad
Has anyone figured out how to lock the car and set the alarm withOUT having the horn beep?

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Thad wrote
Has anyone figured out how to lock the car and set the alarm withOUT having the horn beep?
Thad, congratulations on your car!  If it's not in the manual, maybe the control module can be re-coded for that function.  I have an Audi, and things like that can be changed with a program such as VAGcom.  We'll have to see what Fiat uses.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Thad wrote
Has anyone figured out how to lock the car and set the alarm withOUT having the horn beep?
Thad,

I know on some cars, setting the alarm beeps etc are done via the remote fob and the procedures are different for each car.

I know you can adjust how you want the car to unlock via the fob (ie, to press twice for all doors or what not instead of a single press for both doors and I'm sure something like that is also used for the beeps too, perhaps the panic and either the lock or unlock buttons pressed together or some such thing)

To be honest, I don't mind the beeps to let me know the system is armed/disarmed.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Alvon Elrod
Whassa matter, Thad?  Can't sneak home at 2 in the morning anymore?!!    ;>)

I tried to program the key fob to open everything with one click, but it doesn't respond to the reprogramming instructions in the owner's manual booklet.  It's not that surprised, since there are quite a few discrepancies between the booklet and the cars that we bought.  I'd like to just lock the doors with no alarm, period.  Can't stand the blasted things.   I've never heard of anyone gaining anything from having a car alarm, but I can tell you of hundreds of people that have had their pleasant afternoons interrupted by a car alarm going on forever!
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Mike S
I'm looking for the same solution.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Mike S
The dealer can program it and you can buy hardware/software to change the programs and codes too. I'm still looking for more info.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Alvon Elrod wrote
Whassa matter, Thad?  Can't sneak home at 2 in the morning anymore?!!    ;>)

I tried to program the key fob to open everything with one click, but it doesn't respond to the reprogramming instructions in the owner's manual booklet.  It's not that surprised, since there are quite a few discrepancies between the booklet and the cars that we bought.  I'd like to just lock the doors with no alarm, period.  Can't stand the blasted things.   I've never heard of anyone gaining anything from having a car alarm, but I can tell you of hundreds of people that have had their pleasant afternoons interrupted by a car alarm going on forever!
One thing to keep in mind though, even if you disable the alarm itself permanently, you may not be able to disable the immobilizer unit itself, which only disables the ignition if someone tries to either hot wire the car or use an improperly coded key or some such and that's done to prevent the car from actually being stolen, which is why keys these days aren't as cheap as they once were.

And I'd recommend you don't disable at least the immobilizer, that's standard on ALL cars now, have been since the mid 90's and the idea is to help reduce insurance claims for stolen cars, which used to be much more problematic than it is now.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Giallo Edizione
Mike S wrote
The dealer can program it and you can buy hardware/software to change the programs and codes too. I'm still looking for more info.
Hopefully the private programmers will start working on this car. It's going to need this mod, plus auto-up windows ( if not stock), ant-skid/stabilization software cut-out  and especially default start on sport mode. ( sux that it factory defaults to eco mode). Engine tuners might start working soon, though Mopar engine management software code is notoriously difficult to crack-they don't like to share code like the bowtie and blue oval guys.

Somebody needs to create a wiring harness to put the battery in back of car to make space for a womping  cold air intake.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

ciddyguy
Giallo Edizione wrote
Mike S wrote
The dealer can program it and you can buy hardware/software to change the programs and codes too. I'm still looking for more info.
Hopefully the private programmers will start working on this car. It's going to need this mod, plus auto-up windows ( if not stock), ant-skid/stabilization software cut-out  and especially default start on sport mode. ( sux that it factory defaults to eco mode). Engine tuners might start working soon, though Mopar engine management software code is notoriously difficult to crack-they don't like to share code like the bowtie and blue oval guys.

Somebody needs to create a wiring harness to put the battery in back of car to make space for a womping  cold air intake.
I know a lot of those features CAN be set via the menu system, don't recall what all is available though.

I like the auto up, ie, express up as well as express down (which is there), a minor inconvenience, but I'd like a function where you go to lock the car and it will automatically close the sunroof and windows before locking the car, especially if you use the key, turn it to the right to lock and hold while the windows etc close like VW once or still has, which is especially handy if you drive a 4 door and have kids...

The anti skid shut off IS there, look on the H/VAC controls at the bottom, there should be a button that says ESC, it'll turn off the system when you need it to, ie, when there is snow and ice for instance.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Giallo Edizione
ciddyguy wrote
Most of the factory disablers are partial shutoff-50-75% +/-.  I'll have to play with this one to see.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

CaliberSRT4
Giallo Edizione wrote
ciddyguy wrote
The anti skid shut off IS there, look on the H/VAC controls at the bottom, there should be a button that says ESC, it'll turn off the system when you need it to, ie, when there is snow and ice for instance.
Most of the factory disablers are partial shutoff-50-75% +/-.  I'll have to play with this one to see.
That will almost certainly be the case. My SRT has full disable, whereas the regular versions have only the partial. As far as I know, only performance-oriented cars offer such features.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Giallo Edizione
CaliberSRT4 wrote
Giallo Edizione wrote
ciddyguy wrote
Betcha still got about 20% computer interference if you are using the stock button ( yours have two levels BTW like mine? ) I hard-wired an on-off switch into the system management module without a problem ( that was insane, actually, I don't know what I was thinking...) and hid the switch under the dash. Useful for burning off the last 1/4 inch of rubber when its time to get new tires.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

CaliberSRT4
Giallo Edizione wrote
Betcha still got about 20% computer interference if you are using the stock button ( yours have two levels BTW like mine? ) I hard-wired an on-off switch into the system management module without a problem ( that was insane, actually, I don't know what I was thinking...) and hid the switch under the dash. Useful for burning off the last 1/4 inch of rubber when its time to get new tires.
Yes, two levels. Partial off or Full off.

This is the description for the full off function:

Full Off
This mode is intended for off-highway or off-road use
only and should not be used on any public roadways. In
this mode, all TCS and ESP stability features are turned
OFF. To enter the “Full Off” mode, depress and hold the
ESP OFF switch for five seconds while the vehicle is
stopped with the engine running. After five seconds, a
chime will sound, the ESP/TCS Indicator Light will
illuminate, and the ESP OFF message will display in the
vehicle odometer. Press and release the TRIP ODOMETER
button located on the instrument cluster to clear
this message. The “ESP OFF” message may appear in the
Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC). Refer to
“Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC)” in Section
4. To turn ESP ON again, momentarily depress the
ESP OFF switch.
WARNING!
In the ESP “Full Off” mode, the engine torque
reduction and stability features are cancelled. Therefore,
the enhanced vehicle stability offered by ESP is
unavailable.
WARNING!
With the ESP switched OFF, the enhanced vehicle
stability offered by ESP is unavailable. In an emergency
evasive maneuver, the ESP system will not
engage to assist in maintaining stability. The “Full
Off” ESP mode is intended for off-highway or offroad
only.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Giallo Edizione
Cool! But that is stabiity control. What about the anti-skid. My understanding is they are not one in the same.

Wrong forum- we need to head over to the SRT forums.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Smithlife

Really good.I will concern about it.

Diablo 3 Gold;Aion Kinah;Diablo 3 Gold Kaufen;GW2 Gold

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

sandrela
In Pennsylvania a front license plate is not used. When I have purchased other new cars they usually come with some manufacturer bracket for use in states where they are used. Are the new Fiats coming with such a bracket? How does it attach? Hopefully it doesn't require drilling through the plastic. I ask all this because I did not receive a plate bracket from the dealer.

Re: Alarm set /horn beep

Thad
All cars are SUPPOSED to be delivered with a front plate bracket regardless of the state that they are sold in. It does require drilling the front bumper fascia.