A 500 spotted in the wild

ciddyguy
Yes, coming home from work today and while waiting at the light on this fine, sunny afternoon, temps in the upper 50's (been a rather cool and mostly wet spring so far and we just began getting above 60 around Easter weekend from time to time since, still mostly wet and/or cloudy though), anyway, at the light of James and Broadway here on Seattle's First Hill, on my way to Capitol Hill where I live when I spotted it.

Heading East on James and to my left waiting at the light was a normal Bianco Sport, lights on as I noted the side markers were lit begin to take off and cross Broadway, of which I was on, heading north and then it was gone.

So new it had the temporary paper "plate" taped to the rear glass. I was so excited, I didn't get a chance, nor think to pull out my cell phone for a photo, oh well...

Being that the ONLY dealer selling these little buggers is Rairdon in Kirkland at the moment in and around the Seattle area, about 20 minutes north of Seattle, the ONLY other dealer possibly selling the Fiat currently is perhaps Fiat of Tacoma, but not at their new studio just yet but they DO have their demo already and have had it since March I think so spotting them has been largely non existent as the primas and none primas seem to be everywhere BUT where I am at the moment although I thought I spotted a new black Fiat 500 on my way into work late last week, it was so far ahead that I could not tell for certain, but the chrome brow on the hatch looked mighty close, but the rear turn signals looked to be not amber, nor in the right spot when the driver signaled to change lanes, but again, it was so far ahead, I could not tell for sure.

When I DO get a chance to spot one again and CAN get a photo of it, I'll gladly share.

 Very cool!  I have yet to see one on the road.

 Very cool!  I have yet to see one on the road.
Yeah, I figured it'll be just a matter of time, after all, they just started showing up as early as February in some areas across the country. Even out here where small B segment cars are more prevalent than in other areas of the country, I'm just now beginning to see Mazda 2's and Ford Fiestas on a semi regular basis and they've both been out 6 months or more.

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

RacerRon
I was in Dallas last weekend. Saw a red 500 in the downtown area.

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

cogtooth
I saw a rosso and a azzurro (NAPA auto parts delivery) in Frederick, MD today.  I'm not the only one anymore.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

ciddyguy
cogtooth wrote
I saw a rosso and a azzurro (NAPA auto parts delivery) in Frederick, MD today.  I'm not the only one anymore.
Cool!

In thinking back (and re-reading the initial post) I realized that the black "Fiat" I saw was probably a black MINI but the chrome brow looked to have the saddle like protrusion, ala the Fiat but again, so far ahead I could be totally wrong.

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

navy48
other than the usual 'test drives' I've seen in the area, I saw a couple of 500's this weekend.  the first was a Grigio Sport on County Line Rd near I-65 in Greenwood.  it still had the 'temp' paper plate on it.

the second one was a Rame Sport on Westlane Dr near Ditch Rd on Indy's Northwest side.

LUCKY PEOPLE!!! :D
"O'Brien Fiat of Greenwood is MY FIAT Studio of choice!!!"

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

bloglo
I was hoping to be the first in my neighborhood in MTL canada. but there's plenty in a 1/2 miles radius of my home

got my car last thursday.

there's a red lounge down my street
a white pop on the next street
a black sport 3 streets east
a moka latte pop 2 streets west
a of course, my expresso sport.

Wow, lucky you that you have several in and around your place. :-)

Re: A 500 spotted in the wild

navy48 wrote
other than the usual 'test drives' I've seen in the area, I saw a couple of 500's this weekend.  the first was a Grigio Sport on County Line Rd near I-65 in Greenwood.  it still had the 'temp' paper plate on it.

the second one was a Rame Sport on Westlane Dr near Ditch Rd on Indy's Northwest side.

LUCKY PEOPLE!!! :D

Lucky indeed!