500C

Re: 500C

littlejohn
I've seen some pics of the Cabrio on the web, why does the US get this version of the convertible?  The one that moves on rails, verses conventional ragtop?

Re: 500C

littlejohn wrote
I've seen some pics of the Cabrio on the web, why does the US get this version of the convertible?  The one that moves on rails, verses conventional ragtop?
We get the same cabrio as the rest of the world. You may have seen a one off or concept car on the web.

Re: 500C

littlejohn wrote
I've seen some pics of the Cabrio on the web, why does the US get this version of the convertible?  The one that moves on rails, verses conventional ragtop?
Also, this is much like the original 500 when it debut in 1957, the later ones didn't go down as far as this as this as the roof was shortened to just shy of the rear in I think 1958 as the rear glass became fixed, which then is the basis for the full sedan we get today.

Re: 500C

littlejohn
Thanks, just wondered...do a search for Fiat 500 Cabrio on Google and you would think there is a totally different model, etc..

Re: 500C

csluyuan
I already placed a deposit  It's an italian convertible available in the low $20's,  What's not to love?  I figured the hardtop is fun, but hardly practical, so why not go whole hog and reduce practicality even more and go wild on the fun quotient.
12