2/13/11...some Prima info.

Gavin
posted this in another thread...but thought it might need it's own thread...

Per the people at motor village la...

Edwin Arredondo Straight from Laura Soave herself... The Primas have been released and will arrive at our L.A . Studio in 17-21 days!
Gavin

Edit: more info

Edwin Arredondo I forgot to mention, Laura stated that for those looking to change the color of their Prima it is too late but If you can find someone to trade with you, you can do that!

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

Gavin
Ah, Edwin might be speaking a bit soon...a correction directly from FiatUSA....

Fiat USA Edwin, this information is not correct. We will be reaching out to Prima owners by phone within the next week to determine the Studio location that they would like to take delivery from.
It does seem we will be getting phone calls this week though, so that is good.

Gavin

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

sjmst
Thanks for the good news, Gavin!

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

We called the Fiat info line. They said that they would let us know when a Fiat studio would be available near our zip code to deliver the car. In other words no real info.

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

Giallo Edizione
sjmst wrote
We called the Fiat info line. They said that they would let us know when a Fiat studio would be available near our zip code to deliver the car. In other words no real info.
Depends on what one means by "near"....
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

sjmst
Secret Bezel wrote
sjmst wrote
We called the Fiat info line. They said that they would let us know when a Fiat studio would be available near our zip code to deliver the car. In other words no real info.
Depends on what one means by "near"....
Yeah. Well after the usual vague, unsatisfying, non information from Fiat, I called my local (near) Fiat dealer. I was happily surprised, shocked actually, to learn they will open their studio on March 1st. The dealer was very jazzed about the car, having just returned from LA. Says he has 60 people interested in the car.
SO….we shall see..

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

Mike S
I looked at the old emails from Fiat and Dec 22 they sent (in part)-

"Delivery should occur in mid to late February. Which means we are also extending the deadline to the end of February for you to complete the purchase of your vehicle. In the meantime, dealers are busy putting the finishing touches on our Studios. We'll also be sending you details about the FIAT Studios in your area."

We should be contacted soon and have a final contract.

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

sjmst
Mike S wrote
I looked at the old emails from Fiat and Dec 22 they sent (in part)-

"Delivery should occur in mid to late February. Which means we are also extending the deadline to the end of February for you to complete the purchase of your vehicle. In the meantime, dealers are busy putting the finishing touches on our Studios. We'll also be sending you details about the FIAT Studios in your area."

We should be contacted soon and have a final contract.
Yes!

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

PE#454
Gavin wrote
... I forgot to mention, Laura stated that for those looking to change the color of their Prima it is too late but If you can find someone to trade with you, you can do that!
Would anyone be interested in trading their Grigio with sunroof for a Rosso with sunroof?

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

sjmst
I have a Russo too...why do you want to change? Just like Grigio better?

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

PE#454
Sam, I just can't make up my mind. I've had 4 dark gray metallic or silver cars (my current MINI is dark gray and my Fiat 128 was silver) and 3 red cars. I like both colors for cars. I was more or less happy with my color selection until I saw the image of the Primas on the truck, showing the wide black stripe. It looked a little too...hmm...teenager-y for me. Too much black on the red. I thought the gray and black (what little of it we could see) looked a little more sophisticated, yet still sporty. But, after watching the video that Minuszka posted, I loved the (solid) red again. It's just that darn wide stripe. I'm sure it will look better in person. Right?

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

sjmst
I asked because I thought you would say that! I feel the same way. The black stripe would look more muted and tasteful on the gray. Still, I agree it will look better in person.
And, if not, it does come off...

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

MrJones
Have the dealer remove the decal.

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

Minuszka
PE#454, don't change the color because of the stipe! It can easily be removed. The red is nice, I just looked at the car on the video. Also, the color is not as bright as it looks on the "Primas on the truck" photo.

Re: 2/13/11...some Prima info.

Giallo Edizione
MrJones wrote
Have the dealer remove the decal.
Mine's definitely coming off. Would like to replace it with the Abarth style stripes on lower door.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)