Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

Mike S
We wait for official info and the best we can get is from this site.

I hear my local dealer did get a car and has been driving it everywhere. I would do the same but of course it is not in a showroom or anywhere an enthusiast could go look at it.

Criswell on the other hand is displaying his and giving test drives.

I do hope we will get home delivery in the next two weeks. That could be played up as something special in the press and on the news providing the kind of free marketing that is need with the low marketing budget. Of course, why spend money marketing a product you can't instantly buy.

I have neighbors and friends constantly asking "When"? They have been waiting with me. These cars need to be on the street quickly to provide the "I want one momentum" needed after this long absence.

Please FIAT get us these cars. You have 1000 free people (U.S. and Canada) marketing.

While I'm begging, I may as well ask for some calendars like the wonderful ones from the 70's.

Please, please, please.

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

sjmst
It IS February..annnyyy day nooowwwwww....

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

PE#454
When I didn't hear from my dealer, I took it upon myself to contact him directly this week. I was told that the names of the Prima Edizione customers had not yet been released. He didn't know about me until I called him. He just texted me that the website is officially up, it's http://www.fiatusaoflittlerock.com/index.htm (sorry, can't get the link feature to work). He also told me that he has been awaiting arrival of a Fiat demo and will let me know when it arrives so I can test drive it.

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

sketch
Honestly, last I checked, the official word from Fiat is still "by April 30th".  I'm trying as much as I can not to think about it.

It'll most likely be within a couple weeks, but I think we should have faith that Fiat wants this launch to go off without a hitch.  I'm sure they'll get us our cars as soon as they go through the necessary testing and so forth.

As for the dealers, well, at least you guys have dealers, and your dealers have websites! :P

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

jvsgabriel
I second or third this idea, I have heard ZERO, NADA, ZILCH from any local Fiat Studio here in San Diego.  When the car show was hear I gave my information to the pretty young lady and was told that I would get something in the mail in about two weeks.  Those two weeks have passed and it's 3 weeks late now.

I mean even the official Fiat website is slow to change.  If you go to the Canadian fiat site, they have had all their dealers posted on the website for the last month or so.  In fact their website is a whole lot more captivating and interactive than ours.  Nothing moves on ours, and when you click the dealer information, you get the same message "Fiat Studios arriving soon."

Come on Fiat, give us some official information.  I don't even know what is standard for our PE's.  Sorry to harp on the subject, but it seems we are not being kept up to date here in the US.  Canada has had an official list of things on their "two" PE models, yes you heard me right, two models.  They have a regular PE and then they have a PE Speciale model as well.  Go to the blog and click on the PE listing on the left side and there will be several pictures and the Canadian PE's standard and Speciale equipment list.  Something we are lacking here in the US.

joel

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

MrJones
It is frustrating. Especially since I got on board later than most (mid January), so all of the info I received was via this site and the Internets. I got a confirmation email, the email about the seats, and that's it. I didn't get the last email with the 500 body on the assembly line. (No, it's not in my junk folder.)

I have made contact with my nearest dealer and he's a good guy. He gave me his perspective of things and seems like he is going to do his best to keep me abreast of relevant info. Still, his hands are tied as their "studio" isn't done yet and don't have any cars to display. What can they do? They are in a "hurry up and wait" mode, I think.
BTW, the dealer is Bergstrom in Milwaukee.

Re: Sure would be nice to hear from our local dealers

sketch
I still don't understand what's so vague about our Prima Edizione equipment list.  It's pretty clearly a Sport with a few additional features.