Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

Gerre
Dumb question. Where on earth did they hide the spare tire? And is it a doughnut or full size?

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

FiatGal
Not only that, but it appears that a "compact spare tire" is an option in the Sport and Lounge version, but not an option in the Pop. Which makes one wonder... No spare in the Pop?

I'd hope there's a cavity/space hidden underneath the trunk mat for a spare. That's the setup in my current old hatchback.

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

cinquecento
On a [very slightly] related topic; does anyone know what the bolt pattern is going to be? In Europe most Fiats use the awful 4x98 config.  I really hope they switch to a 4x100 for North America so my E30 snow tires and wheels fit...
398 -> 24

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

Underneath this tray is the spare tire on a European 500. If I recall, it is a skinny tire. I didn't get confirmation on the US car, but I'm assuming there is something there.

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

ciddyguy
Fiat500USA wrote
Underneath this tray is the spare tire on a European 500. If I recall, it is a skinny tire. I didn't get confirmation on the US car, but I'm assuming there is something there.

I wondered if it's a replacement for a more full sized spare, who knows though?

I'd thought spares are required for ALL cars for when you have a flat, unless you're car has run flats, which I hear suck as far as traction goes.

That said, it appears the US Fiats get a tire pressure monitor system standard, I think ti's required here in the US in any event.

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

CaliberSRT4
My car is a 2009 model and has no spare tire or run-flats.

Re: Spare Tire ... where it beeeee

JustWilliam
cinquecento wrote
On a [very slightly] related topic; does anyone know what the bolt pattern is going to be? In Europe most Fiats use the awful 4x98 config.  I really hope they switch to a 4x100 for North America so my E30 snow tires and wheels fit...
I couldn't agree more! The 4x98 pattern would severely limit options when it comes to purchasing custom wheel and tire combo's.

But I could live with it for sure. I had two Renault 5's in the early 1990's and as you can imagine, three bolt wheels weren't easily replaceable! But I loved those cars dearly, and regret that I ever sold the second one to this day. They carried their spare up front-  under the hood with the engine.

Peace,
William
“You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do.”

Anne Lamott