Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

ScarGo
This interview is about a month old.

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1439

Re: Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

ScarGo wrote
This interview is about a month old.

http://www.autolinedetroit.tv/show/1439

Hi ScarGo,

What did you think of it?

I think she is very enthusiastic and sells the brand well.  She and her team are doing a lot of hard work, and they are committed to doing it right. Once the pieces fall into place over the next few months, we'll see the fruits of their labor.

Re: Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

ScarGo
I think she did very well.  Being interviewed by three people at the same time is no small task.

I do think that 3 months to have a dealership network ready is a very short time.  We all need to lower our expectations a little with this roll-out.  If I remember correctly MINI had six months to get their dealers together and they were not building a  car that has been updated so extensively for the US market.

I agree. Even though we have been waiting since 2007, the US car was just launched 4 weeks ago, so information wise, everything is starting from then. In 6 months time, things will look a lot different.

Re: Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

 I'm just now seeing this video in full and I have to agree, Laura did a very good job handling the questions fielded to her by the three interviewers.

The more I hear what's going on between Chrysler and Fiat, the more I like how this is playing out to be honest. Fiat still has a lot of ground to cover when it comes to preconceptions by the older population to Fiat itself, let alone Chrysler for there are still those of us who recall Fiat here and the debacle it all was and many of us who know their history know that part of the problem was not the US, but Fiat itself not fully understanding the US market.

And it's good to know that most European makers now offer an automatic of some sort in their home market as I hear more and more Europeans are now seeking automatics, thanks to heavy, congested traffic in the major cities and that Fiat is one of them with their dual logic automated manual, although it's due for a replacement from what I hear to a DSG based dual dry clutch unit.

Ultimately, I think this time around with a much better understanding of how the different markets work, Fiat is now learning that to be successful, you have to make some concessions in a particular market.

That said, I disagree with John, the host in his analysis, if gas continues to rise, I think consumers will eventually get the hint that going with big, gas guzzling cars isn't the way to go and that as long as gas is available, small and fuel efficient cars will be the norm for everyday driving for many and even smaller SUV/CUV cars along the lines of the Element/RAV4 size or slightly smaller will be the ticket for those who seek AWD/4x4 capabilities and have decent gas mileage, a compromise if you will and perhaps smaller trucks along the lines of the Ranger/Cheyenne may make a comeback in the future.

I just heard that gas might hit $4 a gallon next summer.

Re: Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

ciddyguy
Yep, that's what I'm hearing as well and I hope by then to be in the market to downsize to a smaller, more fuel efficient vehicle and replace my 18 YO Ford Ranger which gets mid to upper 20's freeway on a good day, which isn't bad, but isn't fantastic either but for a truck, pretty good overall.

But, it HAS 231K miles on the clock so either way, it'll be time to replace.

Re: Roman Holiday an interview with Laura Soave

ciddyguy wrote
Yep, that's what I'm hearing as well and I hope by then to be in the market to downsize to a smaller, more fuel efficient vehicle and replace my 18 YO Ford Ranger which gets mid to upper 20's freeway on a good day, which isn't bad, but isn't fantastic either but for a truck, pretty good overall.

But, it HAS 231K miles on the clock so either way, it'll be time to replace.

I'm hoping, too.  Maybe we'll see some Fiat based smaller pick-ups here at some point.  I used to sell IVECO trucks (a Fiat company) and let me tell you, they were a blast to drive. Heavy duty (in Italy they load stuff 'till the axles bend) but great handling!
Prima Edizione  29