Prima Email - Price and Specs

Vlad92
Just got my email...  price and specs:

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sam500
I have no idea how I feel about this!!

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

You guys beat me to it! LOL

I'm checking it out, too, on the configurator when I get a moment (in a couple of days!).

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sam500
I've been doing just that for the last few minutes!

Here's what I've come up with so far...

Unique Prima Options:

Custom grey and black cloth seats with accent stitching
Unique 16" Aluminum Wheels w/ black pockets
Prima Badge
Graphite Instrument Panel
Number Badge on instrument Panel
Black Roof and Mirrors
Body Stripe w/ 500

Sport Options (options added to the sport model):

SIRIUS
Automatic Temp Control

Price $19,500
Comparable Sport (w/ safety & convenience / safety & sound packages and stripe) $18,899*

*Note that price does not include destination charge.

Now, these are a few things to keep in mind about the sport:

It comes with Grey/Black cloth seats, with the option of of Brown/Black.
From the available pictures, it seems like the Sport wheels are similar to the Prima w/o the "black pockets"
Sport has "Ambient Light" plus other options.
Sport comes in all available colors, and has a matching dash.

I'm sure there are more than a few things I missed, but the bottom line seems to be that the basic price difference of $600 is essentially meant to cover the unique custom features belonging to the Prima Edizione Models, as well as delivery charge. Also, it's important to note that the set price is the same as the base "Lounge" model. Why? Maybe because the Prima is a luxury sport model.

Now, some extra thoughts:

I'm a big fan of the matching dash/body color, and will probably need some time to come around to the "graphite" version.
Not really crazy about the stripe, which cuts $400 from the price tag. Same can be said for Sirius ($350).
Some of the alternate colors are quite stunning, and might be worth a second look.

Nevertheless, I love the idea of having one of the first 500. I have actually become quite attached to this, and if the car is worth it, I'm pretty sure $19,500 won't seem that extreme, considering that a similarly loaded MINI goes upwards of $27,000.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

FiatGal
Two words: heated seats!!

I think I'll pass on the prima and - sigh - wait...

"Patience grasshopper..."

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Vlad92
Awesome...  that's the type of analysis I was trying to do sam500!  Especially regarding the unique features.  One thing that bugs me a bit is we get stuck with the 5 speed while the Lounge gets the 6 speed.  I would prefer the 6 speed, but not a show stopper for me.  I'm comfortable overall with the price as well.

I'm looking forward to what they mean when they say "how we will be introduced to our cars" and "how they plan to deliver our vehicles".  Makes me think that something special is planned!  I just hope my local dealer is in a position to make this happen.  They seem pretty clueless up to now (I know more then they do).

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

"Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel"
What does that mean? The entire dash part that is normally body color??
Hmmm..I'd prefer body color dash.
Have to see that.

No leather, no heated seats. hmmm
Ok, guess I can live with that.

Gloss black roof...That I like

Side stripes. Hmmm to that one too..not sure.

Now, big question about color for "Rosso" buyers.

There are TWO rossos for the 500.
"Rosso" and "Rosso Brilliante"

Do we get to choose? Do they choose for us, and if so which?

Anyone know?

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sam500
Vlad, keep in mind that the 6 speed that is offered in the Lounge version is for an automatic transmission, while the Prima Edizione only comes in manual. I heard a while back that FIAT might change the the 6-speed manual from the European 1.4L 500, to a 5-speed for the US market, though I really have no idea why.

I think that there is quite a bit of mystery surrounding the P.E 500s, which hopefully is pleasantly intentional.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Minuszka
Well I wasn't thrilled either. Actually according to my calculations the price difference is more like $ 1650. I had to add to the 19,500 of the PE the cost of the two options: $ 900 total. That is 20,400 for the PE and the most similarily equipped Sport came to 18,750 in the configurator. Sure there is the Auto a/c included but that's about it. The differences and possible benefits were liste accurately a few posts before.
I miss too miss the heated seat. ambient light etc. options and would not want the body stripe.
The seats seem to be the same in both the PE and the Sport.
I wonder if the extra price and the options restriction is worth the Prima Edizione...
What is the autonet option?
Also, 5 speed and 6 speed can't be compared ( Lounge ), one is manual and the other is auto.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Minuszka
"Now, big question about color for "Rosso" buyers.

There are TWO rossos for the 500.
"Rosso" and "Rosso Brilliante"
Do we get to choose? Do they choose for us, and if so which? " - It'll be Rosso, not Rosso Brilliante. - I'm pretty sure about that.
I don't like the graphite instr. panel. - red would have been great for the Rosso.
Why are the PE owners "punished"?

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sam500
Minuszka, I don't really know how you got to those numbers. If you add the same $900 in options to the Sport and include all the things the PE has, it is something close to $20,299. However, it is much more likely that you'll be able to customize a Sport to your taste, leaving a lot of the things you don't want out, making it substantially more affordable.

Also, I do want to point out: the $500 deposit is fully refundable. No one is being punished. To the contrary, I'm pretty sure they were trying to give the first 500 something more unique. If you don't like the Prima Edizione, you don't have to buy it. Get whichever FIAT makes you happy.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Minuszka
" and include all the things the PE has " - I wasn't able to add much to the Sport, other than the already mentioned $ 900 and the convenience package. There aren't any options left to add to the Sport in the configurator. So, my total was 18,750 vs 20,400.
How can you " include all the things the PE has"?
I agree, if we decline the PE, we have more options, more choices. That's disappointing.
What is "more unique" for the first 500?

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sam500
Well.

The Prima Edizione Includes SIRIUS Satelite Radio and Alarm ($350 package). It includes Auto Temperature Control ($650 Package). It includes black racing stripes ($399). Add the $850 for the sunroof and $50 for the heater with a base price of $17,500 and $2,299 in options = 19,799.

I obviously did not include ALL the options that the Prima Edizione has (or all the options you can add to the 500 Sport, you can get the car to a bit over $23K) but instead attempted to find their equivalents using the online configurator.

It is difficult to account for the actual cost of all the customized elements that FIAT is adding to the Prima Edizione, since they are unique to the 500 "first edition" cars, including a graphite dash, customized seats, wheels, numbered badges, roof, and mirrors, etc.

Whether or not you like the features added to the 500 PE, is entirely up to you. You are allowed to be as disappointed as you want. However, I do believe that these Prima Edizione cars are are different, and special in their own way.

Now, I have not made up my mind about the car. I just want to try (to the best of my ability) to contribute to this discussion, in case the information can be helpful to anyone else.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sjmst
Checking around the different boards, I see several comments and questions, including my own:

Graphite Dash? What does that mean? No body color dash like all the rest? Is that a good thing?

What color is the red? There are two shown on the website.

What color is the white?  There are two shown on the website.

No Leather?

No heated seats?

No Six Speed Manual?

Still, 19,500 is not a bad price. Need more info, but if it is Rosso (not Rosso Brilliante) I'm sticking with it.

Laura Soave will be on Twitter at 9am PST 12 noon ET to answer questions!

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Mike S
How can we find her on Twitter?

Mike

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sjmst
I don't so Twitter so I don't know!

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

I don't so Twitter do I don't know!

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Gavin
Right now I'm pretty torn...about 50/50 on getting the Prima or changing to a Lounge that I can configure just like I want.

I really like the Prima...I like the fact that it is a 500 :), that I can get it sooner than waiting on the Lounge and that it will be unique...And I do like many of the features.

I don't like that I can't get the glass roof. If it had the glass roof I would get it for sure. Now I can get the sunroof, but A) have to pay for it B) I don't like sunroofs...a roof should be simple...sunroofs add complexity.

The only other thing I might like more in the lounge is the white upper insides...The 500 is a small car...all the black makes it seem even more confined...the white upper insides and the glass roof (i think) should make the Lounge seem bigger inside.

Waiting to see more images of the Prima (especially the insides) before deciding. I think the Prima will still have the outside color on the dash...the graphite instrument panel BEZEL...Bezel being the key word...there will be extra stuff around the dash, but I imagine the color matching panel will be like in the other 500s

Gavin

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

sjmst
The Lounge does give you more options, except, the transmission..automatic only! If you are OK with that then yes, go for it.

If I were not getting the Prima I'd wait for the convertible.

Re: Prima Email - Price and Specs

Gavin
well that and the stripe...now I don't hate the stripe and wouldn't remove it if I get my Prima...but I think Fiat missed a great chance to have a unique door panel stripe like on the Abarth that said Prima....would look great and would highlight the Prima and add to the uniqueness of it. After all people getting the Prima kinda want to show that off.

Gavin
12