Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

Paul Woodworth
15,500 for the base pop....17500 for the sport.....19+ for the lounge....check out the configurator on fiat site

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

ophidia31
Am I the only one that thinks those prices are a little high for a vehicle thats built on this continent? I can see those prices if they were being imported. Someone out there can have my 500 sport.

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

sam500
When you actually look at the little car, particularly when compared to the MINI which starts at 20K, the prices seem more than reasonable. It's incredibly well built, beautiful to look at, and has an incredible number of included options.

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

supergenius
I agree - a JCW mini tops out over $30K.  I'd rather have the Abarth.  I don't suppose there's any word (rumors, etc.) on pricing for that yet?

Also, any way to get on a waiting list or put a deposit down on an Abarth yet?

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

The Pop has a ton of equipment for $15,500.  The others are loaded, too. Haven't spent a lot of time with pricing right now, but I will.

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

ophidia31
Still dont see the cost for them being reasonable. Especially when an abarth will more than likey cost $20k+. Maybe when I actually test drive one, feel the materials and interior and play with some of the things inside I can change my opinion. Hey, atleast my assumptions were correct on the pop/lounges bumpers.

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

If you look at the Ford Fiesta, the 500 is almost in line with that car, the sedan goes for a bit less but the hatchback which is a better comparo than the sedan to the 500 is priced higher than the sedan and I think it actually may top out a bit more than the 500.

I've test driven an automatic version, the DSG based 6 speed dual dry clutch auto of the Fiesta and it's a great car to drive, BTW, but load it up with leather, keyless starting etc and it can top out over $20K, same for the Lounge although no keyless starting however.

But look at what the BASE pop gets you for $15.5K and it begins to look like a bargain, especially when compared to the Hyundai Accent and cars of its ilk.

Personally, I would have hoped the base pop came in at say, $13.9 or $14K but even at $15.5, it's not bad for what it offers standard so even if you don't add any options to it, you'll not be getting a strippo car with some moxie and safety features not found on many cars in this class.

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

JustWilliam
 I'm really pleased with the pricing, especially considering the feature content and warranty. A base Pop is INCREDIBLY well equipped for less than 16,000. There are less expensive choices to be certain but they aren't as desirable.

 I see it stealing a considerable number of customers from Scion. MINI Cooper could loose sales, and Smart dealers are probably resorting to heavy drinking, serious prayer, or both.

 The exterior color palette is fantastic. I not only prefer it to the European market 500 palette, I honestly think it shames everything in the American mainstream market- something for everyone.

  My only disappointment so far is that choosing a manual transmission denies you the ability to purchase luxury options. No Lounge models with the six speed manual? No heated seats without the auto? MINI would never do such a thing. I mean no disrespect for those who choose an auto, and most buyers do so. But the number of auto journalists and driving enthusiasts that crave a great manual trans are a pretty fanatical and influential bunch, and I'd hate to see Fiat limit the 500's appeal in their eyes. Or in my humble eyes for that matter.

 And EVERY buyer in a "four seasons" climate would appreciate heated seats. Both air conditioning AND heated exterior mirrors are standard.  If an engine block heater is a $50 option for ANY model, why not offer  a "winter package" that bundles it with heated seats for $350 or $400?

 Why no white trim or headliner for Sport Models?

 But I digress and I'm quibbling. I want one!

 Peace,
 William

“You can safely assume that you've created god in your own image when it turns out that god hates all the same people you do.”

Anne Lamott

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

FiatGal
William, you just said something I feared: the "Auto Trans" option when I select the heated seats means that it automatically becomes an auto transmission? I was really confused with this because when I look at the detailed list of equipment, it still lists manual transmission.

Can we get confirmation on this?

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

LauraInME wrote
William, you just said something I feared: the "Auto Trans" option when I select the heated seats means that it automatically becomes an auto transmission? I was really confused with this because when I look at the detailed list of equipment, it still lists manual transmission.

Can we get confirmation on this?
Hi Laura,

I'm going to make a topic here on the forum where we can centralize our questions to Fiat. I'll have it up shortly, just have to work out logistics (after I come home from work!).

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

littlejohn
Time will tell on the pricing...we can all check back at the end of the year and see where the Fiat lands in terms of success.

When you compare the 500 pricing, one might say, well, "I can buy a nice midsize car for the same coin", then YES, to me it seems over priced,...one can pick up a new Camry or used Saab for $18-19K.

But taking into consideration the small car genre as a whole, same content, etc, and the fact the dollar doesn't go too far these days, the 500 pricing seems in line, I agree there.  I kinda do wish it was lower...I'd pick up one just to commute in.

It's all how you look at it, how the typical buyer, (not folks on this board), will respond to the 500.

While being touted as a Mini fighter, I see this more, as many do, as taking more sales away from Fiesta, Mazda 2,3,  Corolla, Scion, all of them.   Any "small" car in the 15-20 grand area is fair game.

I don't see the 500 directly taking that many sales from Mini because if a person has funds for the Mini- buying an English/BMW (Mini) to the 500?...I think the Mini wins that battle.

The other thing that has been reported is the average of the people walking in to test drive the 500, (could mean nothing at this point though) is what?...I think someone mentioned a dealer told them over 35? or higher?  Will young folks shell out for the 500?, or simply buy a used Civic, or Corolla for $12K?

This is good stuff.  I'm looking forward to seeing all the 500 tooling around town.  Why couldn't Alfa bring us another cheap Spider?

Re: Pricing is posted on Fiatusa.com site

cogtooth
I drove a Fiesta and I was not impressed at all.  I expected better considering favorable reviews.  I did not like not seeing the front nose and could only see the grill of following trucks.  I like some eye contact looking through my rear view mirror.  It also felt like I was driving an economy car.  As for the MINI, take all the content in the Fiat and go to the MINI configurator and add Fiat features to the base.  I came up with $25826 compared with my Fiat Sport priced at just under $20000.  Affording either is not much of a problem for me, but wasting money is a problem.  Only time will tell whether other purchasers agree.  Driving dynamics are not extremely important in day to day commuting, but fun to have nonetheless.
Bianco Perla Sport