Pirelli P7 tires

Here's a close up of the Pirelli P7 tire.  The four Ecoimpact icons on the sidewall of the CinturatoP7 highlight its environmental compatibility.
ENERGY™ EFFICIENT: low rolling resistance for reduced
fuel consumption with consequent savings for the consumer
and a reduction in CO2 emissions.
CLEAN AIR: new tread compounds with no high aromatic oils
avoid the dispersion of substances potentially hazardous for
the environment through tyre wear.
HIGH MILEAGE: the higher mileage achievable brings
direct savings to the consumer. Making a tyre last longer
also means producing fewer tyres with numerous benefits
in terms of raw material, water and energy savings, lower
pollutant emissions and reduced impact of disposal.
LOW NOISE: the optimization of the tread design allows
Cinturato™ P7 to decrease the noise emission generated
by the tyre spin. For a relaxed and comfortable driving
experience.

Pirelli tire P7 larger picture

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

Vlad92
Cool...  How long do you think they will last and how much do they cost to replace?

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

cinquecento
Low rolling resistance?  That explains the 131ft 60-0 braking.  I'll be getting some sticky rubber asap!
398 -> 24

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

Fiat500USA wrote
[...]

That is interesting in that if you go to the Pirelli tire site, they list the Centurato P7 as a SUMMER tire and they do not list the 195/45 R16 size the Fiat supposedly takes, the lowest size they list are the 205/55 R16's.

Yet the image shows all seasons on the sidewall of these same tires. Discrepancy much?

That said, I don't think tires have as much of an affect on braking as the brakes themselves since it's how quickly you can stop the car and not skid.

Also, some of the sizes listed show these tires as run flats and they tend to be not all that good as far as traction goes and the ride as the sidewalls tend to be overly stiff for running flat.

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

cinquecento
Not to be rude, but brakes are actually one of the least important factors in stopping distance.  Big brakes are mainly useful for modulation and repeated heavy braking.  Tires, suspension, weight and weight dist are essentially what affects a cars stopping distance.  131 ft is really bad considering how light this car is.
398 -> 24

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

You know, I thought they were all season because there are 4 pictures on the side wall. But they might not be. according to the description that might be environmental ratings.  I think the Conti's might be all season. I thought I saw something that said A/S. I think my brain is maxed out on all these specs right now!

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

Jim McKenzie
I think you are right, the Pirelli's are summer tires and the Conti's are the all-season.  I am hopeful that when I order my car I can specify the Pirellis.  I have always liked the brand (they are "grippier" then most tires, sya the Sumitom HTR 200's I use on my X1/9) even though they wear away fairly quickly.
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: Pirelli P7 tires

Fiat500USA wrote
You know, I thought they were all season because there are 4 pictures on the side wall. But they might not be. according to the description that might be environmental ratings.  I think the Conti's might be all season. I thought I saw something that said A/S. I think my brain is maxed out on all these specs right now!
Chris, magnify the image in Picasso and click and hold to scroll up, the sidewalls DO say All Season and yet are Pirelli's

So who knows? They DO say on the website that it's a high performance tire but not the highest performance rankings, and a quick look just now shows the Centurato P5 as the A/S tire.

I wonder if Pirelli has both sets mixed up?

Anyway, will be interesting to see what actually comes on the sport model.