Nice article in Automobile Mag

cinquecento
I just got the new issue of Automobile in the mail, has a mini test and review of a Rame (rust) 500.  It's shown in New York in little Italy.  One of the pictures reminded me of a picture I saw online quite a while ago featuring a classic red 500 next to the new 500, both in front of the Italian-American museum, I believe.

Nothing in there that was too groundbreaking, said ride was good, back seats are hard, steering feel is numb and that he couldn't get enough of the car.  I think the tester was an early pre-production model, but I have a feeling the steering feel may be endemic.

I sure hope we get the remaining info, i.e., order form, very soon!
398 -> 24

Re: Nice article in Automobile Mag

cinquecento wrote

The steering is cool because you can lighten it to be like feather, so in the city it's effortless or firm it up with the sport button.  The steering isn't like my old Alfa or Lancia Scorpion, but its better than the two Audi's I've had.  I was working the car I drove pretty hard on a mountain road and it didn't distract me.  I wonder if the steering feel can be updated with software?

Re: Nice article in Automobile Mag

cinquecento
Yeah, I didn't see mention of the "sport" feature, I wonder if that model either didn't have it or they didn't use it during the test for some reason? I've heard somewhere that one may as well leave the sport feature on all the time (I intend to!)

Also, with the perceived delays, small things like steering configuration that didn't require new hardware could Very easily have been tweaked.  A car this light should handle very well, and I'm not too worried about it.

I only wish this article had spent a little more time on the car and maybe a titch less on Italian cuisine ... oh well.
398 -> 24