New Forum...

Hi All,

I've been mentioning the new forum that I am switching over to for a while now. Well it's getting closer. I have a programmer that is writing a script to transfer all these posts to the new site. As they say... any day now;)

While we are waiting, can you all go to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook page and hit "Like". That will help secure a name for the site.

Here is the link: Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook Page

Thanks for all your support!

Best regards,

Chris

PS. I know I should have posted this on the "Site News" but the general discussion gets the most views! I'll be better on the new forum:)

Re: New Forum...

jamesday24
Very cool.  This seems like the most active forum, but the features of Nabble are lacking.  Glad to see something better is coming.  I have a lot of experience with forums (mostly phpBB), so let me know if you want any help or need some moderators.

I just tried to "Like" it and got the error "Sorry, your connection failed at this time. Please try again."

Is FIAT USA going to give you any grief over the name of the site/forums?
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: New Forum...

Done!

Re: New Forum...

SpidArman
owhhhh man.  Now I will not be able to log on several times per day at work.  They don't like facebook there.  :(
Prima Edizone #419 Rosso/Sunroof/EB Heater

Re: New Forum...

Alvon Elrod
Yeh, same here.  Facebook is barred at work.  Darn.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: New Forum...

Fiat500USA wrote
Hi All,

I've been mentioning the new forum that I am switching over to for a while now. Well its getting closer. I have a programmer that is writing a script to transfer all these posts to the new site. As they say... any day now;)

While we are waiting, can you all go to the new Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook page and hit "Like". That will help secure a name for the site.

Here is the link: Fiat 500 USA Forum Facebook Page

Thanks for all your support!

Best regards,

Chris

PS. I know I should have posted this on the "Site News" but the general discussion gets the most views! I'll be better on the new forum:)
Chris,

Are you actually going to PUT the forum onto Facebook or is that just the page  to advertise it?

Reason I ask is that there are some who refuse to do Facebook, and I'm one, I know, a minority but still...

Re: New Forum...

Rick
Hi Chris

I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat.   I guess in fact you are working on FB.  Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.

Thanks and Happy Easter
Rick
HotFiat.com
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Re: New Forum...

Alvon Elrod wrote
Yeh, same here.  Facebook is barred at work.  Darn.

Alvon
Don't worry, it's just a Facebook page, NOT the forum.    The Forum is vBulletin 4.0 and is up being tested. You guys and gals deserve the best!

Re: New Forum...

rhart wrote
Hi Chris

I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat.   I guess in fact you are working on FB.  Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.

Thanks and Happy Easter
Rick
HotFiat.com
Hi Rick,

Believe it or not, between work and this site, I haven't had that much time to check my car out! Crazy, right?  I'm working tomorrow, but I'll get in touch Monday.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Re: New Forum...

Rick
Chris

Take time out to wolf down a marshmallow bunny.
Contact me when you get caught up.

Warm wishes for the weekend
Rick

On Apr 23, 2011, at 8:06 PM, Fiat500USA [via Fiat 500 USA Forum] wrote:

rhart wrote:
Hi Chris

I figured you were busy playing with your new Fiat.   I guess in fact you are working on FB.  Can you please contact me about being a sponsor.

Thanks and Happy Easter
Rick
HotFiat.com
Hi Rick,

Believe it or not, between work and this site, I haven't had that much time to check my car out! Crazy, right?  I'm working tomorrow, but I'll get in touch Monday.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

http://fiat-500-usa-forum.965414.n3.nabble.com/New-Forum-tp2855439p2856925.html
To unsubscribe from New Forum..., click here.

HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla

Same here... thanks Rick!

Re: New Forum...

jamesday24 wrote
Very cool.  This seems like the most active forum, but the features of Nabble are lacking.  Glad to see something better is coming.  I have a lot of experience with forums (mostly phpBB), so let me know if you want any help or need some moderators.

I just tried to "Like" it and got the error "Sorry, your connection failed at this time. Please try again."

Is FIAT USA going to give you any grief over the name of the site/forums?
Yeah, Nabble has its limitations, I'm looking forward to the vBulletin site. It does, however, have an extreme learning curve.  Nabble doesn't have a migration feature, so I am having someone write a custom program to make that happen.

 Also, thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind.

Re: New Forum...

Fiat500USA wrote
Alvon Elrod wrote
Yeh, same here.  Facebook is barred at work.  Darn.

Alvon
Don't worry, it's just a Facebook page, NOT the forum.    The Forum is vBulletin 4.0 and is up being tested. You guys and gals deserve the best!

Oh good, whew!

Re: New Forum...

jamesday24
Chris, any idea when you might launch the new forums?
Bianco Prima Edizione 345 from Fields FIAT

Re: New Forum...

jamesday24 wrote
Chris, any idea when you might launch the new forums?
Going to contact the programmer tonight and see how it's going... fingers crossed...

Re: New Forum...

csluyuan
 Eliminate one touch down power windows, or at least make them an option instead of standard equipment.
2.  Save all settings (like sport mode) when the car is shut off and restarted.
3.  The car could use a few more ponies.  It doesn't need many; even 110 would be good.
4.  More a la carte options, i.e. don't restrict certain options to certain trim levels or packages. Specifically, I would like to see all interior colors made available with all exterior colors, and more interior colors on the Sport.  (I ordered a Pop instead of a Sport mostly because I didn't want a dark interior, and I didn't get my Pop in Giallo, even though it's my favorite paint color, for the same reason.)
5.  Communication channels still need a little work.  Inventories on individual dealer's websites are apparently completely out of their control and Fiat HQ updates them based on the cars that have shipped.  For example, the car I ordered is listed on my studio's inventory even though it was pre-sold and hasn't arrived yet (!).  This is just begging for trouble.

Most importantly, give Fiat a big pat on the back for producing such a great little car at a reasonable price.  The 500 will be the first car I've ever bought new, because it's the first truly affordable new car in my driving lifetime with any kind of style or personality.

Re: New Forum...

The Forum is up!

Check it out here:

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/

Enjoy!

Re: New Forum...

Make sure you check out the new forum! Fiat500usaforum.com
Prima Edizione  29