New Article: Fiat Expanding Line-up

RacerRon
From theDetroitBureau.com:

Notable Quotes:

"...sales are running ahead of expectations, according to brand boss Laura Soaves.  Demand for the manual transmission version are stretching availability of the gearbox from suppliers, she said during a dinner conversation on Monday."

"Soaves told TheDetroitBureau.com that she thinks a better way to introduce a new generation of Americans to Alfa Romeo would be with a truly striking halo car, like the 4C, which was first shown at this year’s Geneva Motor Show."

Re: New Article: Fiat Expanding Line-up

ciddyguy
RacerRon wrote
From theDetroitBureau.com:

Notable Quotes:

"...sales are running ahead of expectations, according to brand boss Laura Soaves.  Demand for the manual transmission version are stretching availability of the gearbox from suppliers, she said during a dinner conversation on Monday."

"Soaves told TheDetroitBureau.com that she thinks a better way to introduce a new generation of Americans to Alfa Romeo would be with a truly striking halo car, like the 4C, which was first shown at this year’s Geneva Motor Show."
Interesting article there Ron.

I've suspected that Fiat will be just that, Fiat and Chrysler/Dodge will be their own marquee for the most part with as Laura indicated little overlap and what overlap there is is mostly through Lancia being rebranded for Dodge/Chrysler models where necessary.

Fiat's forte is as Laura said, A-C segments, of which I agree as that's been their specialty all along with a few D segment cars for certain types of clientele, such as executives and the like, but their bread and butter models are for the every day man/women.

This whole journey seems to be getting better and better as each day/week rolls around I think.

As for Alfa Romeo, the 4C, while not my cup of tea, it certainly could be an interesting model to re-introduce the marquee to America.