If I don't get the Prima....

Gavin
I will be getting a Lounge. I like the white upper insides...and I like the glass roof. And, as a Vespa rider, I hate to admit I like Chrome. We don't have a front license here in New Mexico...I wonder if I can get the front chrome "bumper" to go all the way across??

Anyways...if I go Lounge, I have two possible choices I like. If I go light seats, I will go Brown...which brown is this?
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/11/042011fiat500.jpg

(it would basically be exactly like this...upscale rims and brown and white leather interior...wish the US had the 16" rims like this...Europe does.)

If I go Lounge, but decide to go black seats (kinda like the dark lower cabin with white upper cabin look) I will get this green...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/11/002011fiat500.jpg

So now all I need to do is first get  more images and info on the Prima...if I go Prima, well no more thinking involved....If I decide not to go with the Prima, then I have to decide on either Brown with brown and white leather seats or the Green with the Black leather seats.

Gavin

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

sam500
I sat in the green car that you pointed out in the picture, and it's absolutely stunning. In fact, if for some reason I don't get my Prima, I will get that color in Sport with Sunroof and Grey/Brown Seats! Essentially as close to that one as I can.

I also like the way the orange looks. Decisions, decisions!

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

Gavin
JEALOUS.... :)

I think I would have a better idea if I could see them in person.

What did you think of the Brown? And do you know what colors those two were??

Thanks

Gavin

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

sam500
I really liked the brown. It looked very elegant, and great with the light seats.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/la-2010-2011-fiat-500/#3578727

The green I'm pretty sure is Verde Oliva, although it seems to be backwards in the configurator. The brown is Espresso, and looks beautiful in person. Both of these colors were extremely popular with the people at the Preview Event!

Right now, I'd say trust the pictures, and not the digital configurator colors, since they give a better idea of what the cars are really like.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

cinquecento
You were there then? Did you check out the interiors?  I'm dying of curiosity over whether leather will be offered on the Sport models (may have to cancel PE if that's the only way to get leather...)
398 -> 24

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

sam500 wrote
I really liked the brown. It looked very elegant, and great with the light seats.
Brown is back! Just like my 81 Spider..

I have a feeling the Prima will be worth having...just a guess.

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

sam500
Cinquecento: I did check the interiors, there's a very accurate description of them on the fiat500usa blog that Chris just posted, but to summarize, the cloth seats felt very high grade and comfortable, as were the leather ones. Even though I saw leather seats for the lounge models, I believe that the olive sport had a beautiful combination of brown leather, and cloth, that can be seen here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/fiat500usa.com/Fiat500PreviewEventImpressions#5541120137708689122

I don't really know what to make of this, other than most of these were pre-production cars, and I wouldn't be surprised if options change, and we find them as an option in the future.

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

cinquecento
Yeah, I get the feeling that behind the scenes there is some serious scrambling going on at Chrysler/FIAT.

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they ended up offering a full range of options on the PE models; it can't be that hard to take a seat out of a Lounge and throw it in the Sport, especially for a fraction of the 500 first cars.

As someone else said, the retro style of the 500 is certainly bolstered and reinforced by the leather seating, and would give the car a much 'higher end' feel to it.  A lot of people here aren't looking to buy this car because it's cheap; they want it because it's a throwback and it's unique.

So when's the first new 500 US get together :)
398 -> 24

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

Minuszka
We need options for the PE!

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

kbob
cinquecento wrote
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they ended up offering a full range of options on the PE models; it can't be that hard to take a seat out of a Lounge and throw it in the Sport, especially for a fraction of the 500 first cars.
That's what you'd think.  It's also possible that Fiat created the Prima partly to get the production line running with a simplified model range.  Just three colors, one interior, no options*, much easier logistically than doing the full model line on day one.

* Sorry, I'm not an Edizionista.  I don't know exactly what the Prima's option sheet has.

Re: If I don't get the Prima....

cinquecento
kbob wrote
cinquecento wrote
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if they ended up offering a full range of options on the PE models; it can't be that hard to take a seat out of a Lounge and throw it in the Sport, especially for a fraction of the 500 first cars.
That's what you'd think.  It's also possible that Fiat created the Prima partly to get the production line running with a simplified model range.  Just three colors, one interior, no options*, much easier logistically than doing the full model line on day one.

* Sorry, I'm not an Edizionista.  I don't know exactly what the Prima's option sheet has.
Good point.  Here's hoping the package offered is primarily unique, and secondarily to ramp up production... in that order.
398 -> 24