Fiat's email about our seats

Minuszka
I assume all of us just received an email "from Laura" about the PE seats.
Nice gesture and good looking seats. It' is good to get updates time to time. The logo looks great.
I anticipate a bit of discussion though about the way the top and lower right photos look. I wonder if those two photos are about the same seats? Don't all PEs get the same seats? If so, there is a considerable difference between how the top insert looks. One like a black and the other like bright grey. If it's the same seat, it must be the flash on the bottom photo that makes the seat surface look so bright.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Vlad92
I got mine as well... here's the picture for our discussion:

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sketch
i'm sure it's just a difference in the lighting.  so excited to see where i'm going to be sitting for the next few years... or decades! :D

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Vlad92
Funny... I pulled out the email from Nov. 17 which lists the options and it says the Prima will feature "Custom Grey & Black Cloth Seats with Accent Stitching".  These pictures look like leather to me.  Makes you wonder what other features have changed.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

jdjefferson
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sketch
"Seatback" refers to the entire portion of the seat which supports your back.  That's definitely the pictured badge on the front of the seatback.

http://gyazo.com/85a01a849d82be00172b90a26be2d93d.png

Also, that image you linked seems to be for the Canadian Prima Edizione.  I understand there are 500 going to Canada and 500 going to the States.  Your link claims a starting price of $19,000 compared with the $19,500 of the US model.  Also, your image does not mention the BOSE™ premium sound system, which is included in the US version, and mentions a couple things (the USB stick and fob case, for example) that were not mentioned on the similar listing for the US version.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Gavin
I wish they were leather, but that appears to be the non leather seats of the sport model...

Still very nice...gah, every time I think about canceling my PE (because I really like the Lounge model best and because I think about waiting for the EV model) well fiat sucks me back in...

Grrrrrrrrr...like the sports suspension and 16 inch wheels of the sport.
Like the fixed glass roof and white upper insides of the Lounge.

Hopefully more photos to come will help make up my mind...

Gavin

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sam500
They actually look surprisingly similar to the ones on the 500 sport at the preview event, meaning that it was leather on cloth (most of the seat was leather, the ridged "light grey" part was cloth). The grain around the PE logo definitely suggests leather.

Fingers crossed!

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Gavin
Sam...I will quite happy to be wrong...would be a very nice surprise if they are Leather... :)

They do look like they could be....and if the sport model had leather in the models you saw, well that would be sweet for us.

Gavin

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sketch
jdjefferson: Haha, not bothered, just trying to get the facts straight :)

Gavin: I think there's no question that the part on the seat surrounding the emblem is leather, just like the sport model's seats.  The Prima Edizione is based on the Sport, after all.

For my money, I think this combination of leather and cloth is the best of both worlds.  All the bits that get nastiest in the summer are cloth! \o/

I think your dilemma can best be answered by which transmission you want.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd think this is one of the biggest criteria, considering the Prima Edizione is only available in manual and the Lounge only in automatic.  Hope I made your decision easier and not more complicated :P

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Gavin
Actually the Sport model, at least in the US, comes with Sport Cloth/Vinyl Bucket Seats. Leather isn't an option (at this time).

Now they can make Vinyl look a lot like Leather...but I'm hoping the PE editions get an upgrade to leather....

Gavin

this is the sports version interior from the Fiat 500 website...the top is Vinyl, the lower is Cloth.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sam500
Yeah, I definitely also saw these (the sport cloth) and remember noticing the difference, but I can pretty much assure you (unless I'm going crazy) that I saw a couple of sport pre-production models with leather. Not sure if they intend to have it as an option for everyone, but they very very very much remind me of the pictures we just got for the PE!

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sketch
That's really interesting.  Good sleuthing, I hope you're right!

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

prima 109
I got my e mail.  Awesome!  I hope she & Fiat keep us updated on the production of our cars, and possibly a vid that will come with the cars when we take delivery.

Craig
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Great work guys!  I'm out of town on business;) and just got into my room.  I think the pics changing the color.

Things are starting to happen and I can't wait for the next update.

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Gavin
Next image from fiat should be:

The "Graphite Instrument Panel Bezel".

One question some have is of the Dash on the PE...

I assume the red PE will get a red dash, the white, white, the gray, gray....and have a small outline of the instrument panel be "Graphite"...but some here wonder if the whole panel is Graphite....

A photo of that would be appreciated as it will be one other aspect of the car that is different than the standard Sport model.

and that photo would also show the "numbered badge on the panel" which would be a bonus.

Gavin

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

sketch
I'm about 99% sure the center plastic bit is body-colour on every 500.  The "graphite" bezel refers to the rest of the dash—the steering wheel, instrument cluster shade, &c.—which can be white on the Pop and Lounge and, on the Pop and in the Lounge's Luxury Package, matches the top of the seats.

I hope I'm not wrong, anyway.  It seems to make sense, since the Sport is only available with a dark interior.

Let's hope you're right!! The matching dash/body is one of my favorite features of the 500, and I would hate to sacrifice that for a PE badge!!

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Gavin
yeah, no way do they mess with the matching colored dash...

i've always thought of the bezel as a thin outline of graphite/carbon mesh type that goes around the radio or auto air or something like that...

but not sure where or how much...

Gavin

Re: Fiat's email about our seats

Giallo Edizione
I'm not so sure we'll see body color panel. This interior shot from Chris's blog:

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2011/01/first-view-of-2012-fiat-500-prima.html

Now this could be concept interior, could be from the grey car, who knows. All graphite....I share your concern. But, absent some integration with the airbag system, perhaps the panel(s)  could be replaced with other colored panels ordered from FIAT parts.

Sorry, don't know how to post a picture in email on this forum yet. Maybe somebody can follow my link and post that interior picture.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)
12