FIAT at the Frost Art Museum - Miami

fredfrey
FIAT presents  Gran Torino: Italian Contemporary Art at the Frost Art Museum, Miami, Florida.

According to the website:    Gran Torino: Italian Contemporary Art which is immediately recognizable by North American associations with the car produced in the 1970's or the Hollywood film of the same name. Torino (Turin) refers to one of Italy's most vibrant cities and one of the most dynamic centers of contemporary art in Europe. GRAN TORINO: Italian Contemporary Art, curated by Paolo Facelli and Francesco Poli presents the work of a selected group of Torino artists that are representative of not only the local, but also of the Italian perspective, with their own national characteristics in an open and stimulating debate with the international scene. GRAN TORINO: Italian Contemporary Art is an engaging cultural initiative and introduces significant trends and movements of new Italian art to the North American public.

Fiat continues its subtle publicity for it's rebirth in the USA in the form of the New Fiat 500 with the promotion of this exhibition at the Frost in Miami.  For me, the best part of the display was the Fiat 500 in the lobby and some of the Dutch masters on display in an adjoining exhibit.   The admission was free and it was air-conditioned so, it was not too bad.

Re: FIAT at the Frost Art Museum - Miami

sjmst
What was with the guy in the oil drum?! A Mafia hit? I see the Italian connection, but still...

Re: FIAT at the Frost Art Museum - Miami

Mike S
Molto interessante.

Where was the heads up on this one, we could have had lunch.

Re: FIAT at the Frost Art Museum - Miami

fredfrey
I was not sure about Fiat's participation at this event. There was only a hint of it from Laura several months ago.