European Delivery

zeeman
I was interested in having a 500C, which I understand, is being built in Poland, delivered to when I arrive in Europe. (The scheme that is practiced by Volvo, Saab, Mercedes where the customer takes delivery of the vehicle at the production facility/factory in Europe and can drive it for up to 3 months and then hands the vehicle to manufacturer's agent who arranges for it to be shipped to the appropriate dealer in the USA for re-delivery to customer)
 There is some confusion as where exactly the 500C is built for the USA market. Fiat customer Service people have different information. If the 500C is built in North America, then this question is mute.
Can someone elaborate on this ?

Re: European Delivery

CaliberSRT4
Fiat said it would cost too much to change the tooling and make the improvements to the European version. So I don't think there's any possibility that the Poland factory is making NA-spec Fiats (too much is different/changed).

Re: European Delivery

zeeman
I am assuming then that the 500c (US Specification ) is not built in Europe !
Can anyone tell me where this vehicle (US Spec.) is produced ???

Re: European Delivery

Alvon Elrod
The North American Fiats are built in Toluca, Mexico.

Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: European Delivery

einy