Electric Version....Question of timing.

Gavin
Ok, so suddenly we are getting a fair amount of news about the electric 500. We have heard before that it would go about 100 miles, would have around 24kWh of batteries and that it would be coming in 2012.

Then silence. Of course there has been a fair amount of silence about all versions of the 500 till recently....so...

Anyways, we know the EV 500 will have Bosch powertrain and components. There is also this info from todays press release:

PRESS RELEASE

SB LiMotive to provide lithium-ion battery packs for Fiat 500EV

· Supply of lithium-ion battery packs marks first step for SB LiMotive to the U.S. EV market

· Battery supplier for the first commercial electric vehicle program of Chrysler LLC and the Fiat Group

· Production on the all-new full electric vehicle to begin in 2012

Now SB LiMotive is a joint venture between South Korea-based Samsung SDI and Germany-based Bosch, so getting the battery and components from Bosch could save some money.

My main question, especially to Chris if he has any inside people he can ask, is when do they expect the EV to be released?

That is the Fiat 500 I truly want. I have been carless for over 5 years, I can wait one more if the Fiat EV comes in early 2012...if late, well....

Maybe Fiat can keep my 500 deposit and make me the first owner of the 500EV...my garage is all ready, I have solar on the roof and will be parking the 500 next to an all electric motorcycle.

Currently plan is to buy the Prima, keep it a couple of years and then trade it in for a EV 500...Will likely still do that, but if the 500EV is coming in March of 2012, well that is only one year to wait...if it is late 2012 or early 2013, I get the Prima and trade it in around 2013 or 2014 for the EV version....

Gavin

Re: Electric Version....Question of timing.

Hi Gavin,

I'm looking in on this. I'll try to get some info, but details like these are gaurded like Fort Knox so I might strike out. I'll see..

Re: Electric Version....Question of timing.

Gavin
Thanks Chris...any info would do :)

I am willing to be a high altitude tester for the Fiat 500 Electric...I live at about 6000 feet and drive often up to 10000 feet.

Gavin