Destination fee?

FiatGal
Since this is the first time I'm buying a new car, all the added-on fees are quite new to me. I've found a few sites explaining *what* the destination fee is, and found one showing roughly 500$ destination fee on a Lexus. Is that about the standard price?

Re: Destination fee?

CaliberSRT4
Destination on a Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler is about $750, so it would probably be right around there.

Re: Destination fee?

FiatGal
Thanks! That's very helpful.

Re: Destination fee?

Mike S
I think it is the cost to transport the car from the port of entry to your local dealer. It can vary.

Re: Destination fee?

cinquecento
Not that it would make a ton of sense in the usual European delivery sense; but I wonder if they'd offer some sort of 'Mexican Delivery' option.  I've always wanted to go there.  Save on the destination and soak up some sun (and get maybe even get caught in the drug war).
398 -> 24

Re: Destination fee?

FiatGal
cinquecento wrote
Not that it would make a ton of sense in the usual European delivery sense; but I wonder if they'd offer some sort of 'Mexican Delivery' option.  I've always wanted to go there.  Save on the destination and soak up some sun (and get maybe even get caught in the drug war).
Funny!!!!

Re: Destination fee?

There is what they call equalized freight and whether you pick up a car 3,000 miles from the factory or next door, you still pay destination charges.

That might be different now, but it was the norm for as long as I can remember.

Re: Destination fee?

FiatGal
The 500 is now listed in the Edmunds site. For my zip code, the site is showing an expected 750$ destination fee