Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

Giallo Edizione
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ

That's gotta hurt.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

sjmst
The airbag in the Fiat burst. Don't know if that means it failed to do its job, though.

And it looks like the dummie's head went around the side of the failed bag and bounced off the window and A post.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

Giallo Edizione wrote
In my searching in recent months, saw this but hadn't noticed the burst bag, nor the head bobbing around and this WAS the Euro Fiat too we are seeing. The car supposedly gets the full 5 stars in the Euro NCAP rating as well.

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

einy
I'm guessing the same test between my '99 Miata and the 500 would look "inverse", with the Miata taking the brunt of the impact.  Yet, somehow, I muster to courage to continue to blast around in the Mazda ...

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

cogtooth
I'm at more risk when bicycle riding 4000 miles per year as opposed to driving a Fiat 6000 per year.  Some of the comments by Europeans were more based on anger toward drivers of large vehicles than the safety of small cars.  That Audi is not going to do well against a dump truck either.
Bianco Perla Sport

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

ciddyguy
cogtooth wrote
I'm at more risk when bicycle riding 4000 miles per year as opposed to driving a Fiat 6000 per year.  Some of the comments by Europeans were more based on anger toward drivers of large vehicles than the safety of small cars.  That Audi is not going to do well against a dump truck either.
A very good point.

I've never felt unsafe in a small car, even an early 80's Honda Civic, drove that thing everywhere and that WAS in the 1990's.

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

cogtooth wrote
...  That Audi is not going to do well against a dump truck either.

I got a laugh out of that!  Very true!

Re: Crashtest Audi Q7 vs Fiat 500

Rick
Let's not forget the advantage of the "quicker steering - quicker to get out of the way" of the sporty Fiat.
This is actually a legit safety advantage.
HotFiat.com
Oops.  I Fiated again!
Prima Edizione #373
1960 Fiat Multipla