Controversy and Negative Karma

Jeff
Do you think that ultimately the resale values of the PE cars will be effected?
Prima #446 Bianco

Re: Controversy and Negative Karma

Scorpion
No. Not from these early hiccups. The "general" car buying public is unaware of all that is going on. We are all enthusiasts and are too close to the issue.

But, it remains to be seen what the 500's resale value will be. I hope they have the type of halo that MINI enjoys, but I'm not sure that is going to happen.
Prima 111 Rosso
VIVA500.com

Re: Controversy and Negative Karma

MrJones
Scorpion wrote
The "general" car buying public is unaware of all that is going on.
Unless they want to do even the smallest amount of research and type "Fiat 500" into any search engine-- Hello Fiat 500 USA Forum!

Re: Controversy and Negative Karma

Jim McKenzie
No I don't.  However I don't the market for them as a separate edition was very high anyway, or much higher than a normal 500.

The new Gucci edition, the forthcoming Abarth, the potential Ferrari and Zagato editions all indicate Fiat's plan to release multiple "special editions"...so assuming there are (potentially) four, five or six special versions, I'm not sure one will stand out that much.

The PE owner's are getting a cool, unique version and I don't ant to take anything away from that experience.  I just don't see them (or any 500 for that matter) selling as collector cars later on. Could easily be wrong about that.

I do know that I'd much prefer a Gucci version over a PE from a side by side comparison.

The karma will blow over anyway, and fairly soon.
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: Controversy and Negative Karma

Giallo Edizione
I think the 500 will follow the demand, sales and resale pattern of the PT Cruiser.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)