Carrying mountain bike inside the car

Alvon Elrod
Toted my mountain bike in the PE yesterday.  With back seats folded, and passenger seat pushed up out of the way and seat back folded forward, it's a comfortable fit.  I wish the front seat would lock, but it won't unless the seat back is pushed back.  What happens is whenever I accelerate, the seat slides back to bump the bike, and when I decelerate, the seat slides forward.

I put padding around the front fork, and around the pedal that points down (between the folded right rear seat back and the side panel), to protect from scratches.

Alvon
Alvon Elrod, #18 White, no sunroof
1970 Fiat 124 spider

Re: Carrying mountain bike inside the car

cogtooth
I haven't tried a mountain bike inside.  I'm very sure my unicycle will fit and that my tandem will not fit.  The road bike seems to go in easier if you put the handlebars in front of the front passenger seat.  I don't have to tip the seat back forward, nor move the passenger seat forward as I did as seen in my earlier posting of my road bike picture.
Bianco Perla Sport