"Building the new Fiat" video on the blog

"Building the new Fiat" video on the blog

PE#454
Thanks, Chris, for posting the video!

That was really interesting getting to see how our cars are built. Those robotics are fascinating with their precision. And we get to witness a beautiful Mexican sunset at the end!

Re: "Building the new Fiat" video on the blog

ciddyguy
PE#454 wrote
Thanks, Chris, for posting the video!

That was really interesting getting to see how our cars are built. Those robotics are fascinating with their precision. And we get to witness a beautiful Mexican sunset at the end!
Indeed, too bad the video's quality was severely lacking, poor color rendering when I watched it this morning. All pixelated and flat looking.

Still is this evening but still fascinating to watch non the less.

Re: "Building the new Fiat" video on the blog

FiatGal
Chris posted another clip a few months back of the European Fiat factory in Poland. Although it doesn't have sound, I prefer it: the soundless track adds an otherwordly quality to the graceful robotic moves. Plus, you get to see the painting process - I don't remember seeing that on this most recent clip. Would that some engineer could come up with electrostatic paint technology for the weekend house painter! I know, I know... you'd need a house made of metal. Still... I was really wowed while watching. The other clip is on the blog, or you i'm sure you can youtube it: Fiat factory Poland.

Re: "Building the new Fiat" video on the blog

PE#454 wrote
Thanks, Chris, for posting the video!

That was really interesting getting to see how our cars are built. Those robotics are fascinating with their precision. And we get to witness a beautiful Mexican sunset at the end!
Hi PE#454,

Glad you all liked it.

We may see more on them building the car, I know they are doing something for marketing/promoting down there;)

I also wish it was in HD, but I take what I can get

Here's the link to the other story I did on the Euro Factory:

http://fiat500usa.blogspot.com/2010/08/inside-fiat-500-factory.html
Prima Edizione  29