Blue&Me - TomTom demo

ScarGo
OK this is interesting, but in Italian I think.  There are subtitles though...

Love the Fuel mileage coaching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS5c1UPTbWc&feature=related

Re: Blue&Me - TomTom demo

ScarGo
Here is another demo on you tube regarding Mp3 capabilities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ncb765TX_hE

Re: Blue&Me - TomTom demo

Mike S
Thanks for finding that. That's one of the dealer options I expect to buy.

I'm not sure how the hole gets put in the top of the dash. Can the stand can be removed and the hole covered? we'll see.

Interesting system.

Re: Blue&Me - TomTom demo

ScarGo
I am also interested in how the TomTom attaches to the dash.  From the video I did notice that as she pushes the buttons  the lady "stabilizes" the gps  by placing her fingers behind the unit.  Maybe this particular unit had been touched a few thousand times at the Paris auto show and became loose?

Re: Blue&Me - TomTom demo

Joppy
As far I've understood there is a 'socket' in the dashboard that gets neatly covered when you take out the cradle. This solution is already installed in the Fiat factories, so should be fairly decent quality at least.

The integration with the vehicle, like with the music player is really cool.
You can take the PND from the cradle and give it to the passengers in the back, so they can browse the media gallery. Brilliant!  ;-)

Re: Blue&Me - TomTom demo

FiatLancia
I took this linked photo at the Philadelphia International Auto Show this past winter:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24821263@N00/5413545471/in/photostream/lightbox/

The dock is several inches deep and the "hole" gets covered automagically by a spring-loaded plate to look neat/finished when the GPS is not installed/in use.

Shaun
Shaun Folkerts

2012 Fiat 500 Prima Edizione #11

MINIER than MINI, SMARTER than SMART