Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Mike S
So far, the insurance companies don't have Fiat listed. The 2012 model year is also a problem.

I did manage to force a quote from Geico (my current carrier) and with the information I could plug in, added $292.00 to my 6 month policy.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Vlad92
Funny you mention that... I've got next week off work and one of my goals is to find new insurance.  I've been with AllState since 1998 and while I've had no claims my car insurance doesn't seem to go down... seem to pay $300 to 400 per car every 6 months.  Doesn't seem to matter how old the car is or what I get.  I've heard good things about Progressive and will start there.  I had a good experience with them when I first got my Smart Car as Allstate could not insure it (wasn't in their system they claimed).  Progressive had no problems, but once Allstate got it added (around 3 months later) I switched it to AllState because with the multicar discount it was less expensive.  As early adopters we may need to shop around to find insurance (at least temporarily).

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Mike S
I'm going to see if I can get Hagerty to insure it. For a short period of time I think it can be considered a collector car and I have a couple of other cars insured with them for agreed value. I might be able to add it for about $200/yr.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

prima 109
I plan on checking with my company ANPAC.  They have a program for collector cars called Chrome, the prima may qualify, and you can still rack up 10k a year on the clock.
Craig #109 Rosso with sunroof/post assembly block heater.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Mike S
I spoke with Hagerty and they said it looks like it will qualify. I qualify because I have been with them for several years, have two cars insured with them already and own an insured late model daily driver. You MUST have a daily driver other than the new Fiat.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Vlad92
Does Hagerty cover just the car (collision & comprehensive) or do they cover liability, uninsured, and underinsured as well?  Is there any kind of mileage limit?  I'm interested as I have another car as my daily driver so this would work for me if they are competitive pricewise.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Mike S
I had to check my policy.

It is the same as I have on my daily driver. Same liability limits, medical, PI and uninsured motorist.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Vlad92
Thank you!  BTW...  I spent all yesterday getting quotes and Progressive was the cheapest.  If fact, they are almost half what I paid with Allstate.  So effective today I made the switch.  I also ordered the plug in device they offer which monitors car usage...  They claim it can get me another 30% off...  will see.

Re: Auto insurance, get the ball rolling now.

Mike S
Thats funny. Just minutes ago, I switched from Geico to Allstate. Allstate was over $200/yr cheaper.

I only got these quotes because I was trying to insure the new Fiat and had to enter a car to get the ball rolling. It also made sense to compare rates just for the Volvo.

My new Fiat is already saving me money and it hasn't even been delivered.

What a car!