Anybody know anything about this?

Mike S
http://www.fiat500clubusa.com/

Official owners club, What?

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

Jim McKenzie
hmmm..appears to be only one club in Californa.   Not truly impressed with either the mechanics of the web site, (audible clicks?  really?)  and the overall theme...(I'm an IT CIO) but if this is something official, thats good news.
1973 Fiat 850 Sport Spider
1977 Fiat X1/9

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

Bert
Under the membership page it states they have an "award winning" magazine....

I must live under a cabbage leaf since I've never heard of it and the cars aren't even here yet-they must be good to pull that off!

Bert
PE#480
'78 124 Spider
FEN, Seattle

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

sketch
Certainly interesting.  Someone's gotta start it, right?  I'm not surprised they only have one regional director so far, considering the first 500 cars haven't even been built yet! :P

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

Mike S wrote
http://www.fiat500clubusa.com/

Official owners club, What?

Good question. I've asked them about that and the magazine last month and I still don't know.

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

spindoc
A number of grandiose-sounding claims (award-winning this and that before they're even up and running, five-hundred events anticipated in 2011, etc.), and they're charging a membership fee.  Although the website says they're the "official lifestyle and social club of the Fiat 500, Abarth and Cinquecento in the United States", there is no evidence of any official ties to Fiat.  (Must say I'm also not a fan of their slogan, "Luv Again.")  On the plus side, they're apparently making arrangements with a number of Fiat dealerships for 10% discounts on accessories.

It'll be interesting to see how things shake out with the online community of US enthusiasts.  Right now there's Chris's forum here, a natural offshoot of his outstanding blog and the home of PE waiters, but which has limited functionality.  The 500 Madness forum looks like it'll be focused on the aftermarket, as 500 Madness is the first tuner to link themselves to the car.  Then there's the Fiat Scene forum, which looks very promising with its clean format and full functionality.  I've also seen one or two other sites that appear to just be unresponsive excuses for ads.

So I guess we'll all stay tuned!

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

sjmst
This. http://fiatlanciaunlimited.org/
Been around for over 20 years.
(I'm in the board)

Re: Anybody know anything about this?

sjmst wrote
This. http://fiatlanciaunlimited.org/
Been around for over 20 years.
(I'm in the board)
The Freak Out will be the first event for new Fiat owners this year. Should be awesome!
Prima Edizione  29