500c pricing

Giallo Edizione
I know I am a little ahead of myself here, but does anyone know what the UK pricing for a 500c is and how that compares to the equivalent 500. Put simply, what is the UK or EU premium for the ragtop over the hard top?
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500c pricing

sketch
The 500C has exactly a £3000 premium over the 500, according to Fiat UK's configurator.  Base price for each.

Re: 500c pricing

Giallo Edizione
sketch wrote
The 500C has exactly a £3000 premium over the 500, according to Fiat UK's configurator.  Base price for each.
Whoa! That's close to US $5,000. I was thinking US premium for ragtop would be around $4K and that pretty much confirms that's where it will be. I think, judging from cars I saw in EU last fall, that maybe you get some goodies with the convertible option that are part of the higher price. Still-that's a huge premium relative to the cost of the hardtop. I think maybe I will not go there in my fantasies....besides if I can't fit in the sunroof cars, the convert will likely have similiar headrooom issues, especially on the sides where the rails will be located. I'll open the windows and keep an extra $5K in the glovebox.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500c pricing

sketch
Yeah, it's a pretty big premium for sure. Auto prices are rarely a 1:1 thing, though, considering the 500 starts at £12,500 or so over there, which is considerably higher than $15,500 and only includes a 1.2L making about 65 horses.

Re: 500c pricing

Giallo Edizione
Agree. So SMART cabrio premium is $3K for example. Base MINI convert premium is $5.4K at $25.5K!  FIAT has to be at least equal to the SMART  but it's not a full convertible system like MINI-so I'm thinking around $3,500-4K will be the 500c premium. Maybe less if leaving most of the roof frame avoids any need to shore up the body. Sill a lot of dough as a percent of total car cost.
Giallo Sport "Enzo" (formerly PE 311. We don't need no steenkeeng badges)

Re: 500c pricing

Wimbledon
The premium will not be $5,000 USD -- you simply cannot convert prices like that from the UK market to US market because the UK price includes added taxes.

Compare the UK prices of other cars sold in the US and you will see that the US price is less than the direct currency conversion.

The premium for the convertible will be somewhere around $3,000 USD.
Also join us on the Fiat Scene forums

Re: 500c pricing

sjmst
Wimbledon wrote
The premium will not be $5,000 USD -- you simply cannot convert prices like that from the UK market to US market because the UK price includes added taxes.

Compare the UK prices of other cars sold in the US and you will see that the US price is less than the direct currency conversion.

The premium for the convertible will be somewhere around $3,000 USD.
Agreed. The taxes figured in to the UK prices inflate them.