500 configurator: which colors are metallic and which are solid?

500 configurator: which colors are metallic and which are solid?

Anthony
Was checking out the 500 configurator that went live today and can't tell which colors are metallic and which are solid (non-metallic). Anyone know of this yet?

Also - looks like Lounge model is the only one with available leather but you are stuck with an automatic? Bizarre. Wonder if they'll do a Lounge with manual transmission.

Anthony

Re: 500 configurator: which colors are metallic and which are solid?

ciddyguy
Can't say for sure but if the price remains zero when you choose a color, it may be non metallic as metallic paint usually costs more. I do think all are clear coated now a days anyway.

As for the transmission, it kind of does look like you only have the automatic option on that trim, but it IS shiftable with the sport shift that is standard with that transmission so you in a sense get a manual anyway.

Re: 500 configurator: which colors are metallic and which are solid?

Gavin
Yeah, more things will be added...but I don't imagine multiple engine variations just yet. But go to the Fiat UK site and build a 500...lots of engines, lots more options...I think the US site will be like that too, but slowly over time.

Gavin

Re: 500 configurator: which colors are metallic and which are solid?

Anthony
Thanks to the photo gallery posted of the LA FIAT event, looks like the only non-metallic colors are:

Bianco (white)
Rosso (red)
Giallo (yellow)
Verde Oliva (medium green)
Mocha Latte (light grey brown)

My top picks are the Bianco, Grigio and Verde Oliva over Tan Leather. Hopefully I'll be able to get a version with leather and a stick shift, but chances are looking slim.